Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon carb mod

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003 | 01:26 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default Rincon carb mod

I keep reading about "clipping the spring" and jetting. Is there a kit out there, or is this just a trial and error thing? I did a search and all I find is people talking about doing it, but not where they got the idea.

Old 09-17-2003 | 11:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rincon carb mod

I just ordered a power kit from highlifter.com. HighLifter.com lists a K&N power kit for the Rincon. The kit contains a K&N airfilter and high performance replacement jets. However, I have done a search on the Internet and highlifter.com is the ONLY one out there that sells this kit, K&N does not even list it. I called highlifter.com to dicuss this, they said they put the kit together with the permission of K&N. We will see...it is on its way. After I receive it and install it I will let you all know how it goes. I am not sure what jet(s) it replaces.

The reason this concerns me is, I called a Honda dealer in my area and they do not sell a variety of jets just the stock size, but highlifter claims to have high performance jets...

Has anyone else ordered this kit for their Rincon? If so, does it actually produce more power?

Old 09-26-2003 | 01:01 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Rincon carb mod

Well, since you already ordered it, I'll wait and see what you think. It is curious that High Lifter is selling something that doesn't seem to exist. I've bought several thing there and never had any trouble though.

Old 09-26-2003 | 01:25 PM
BSA
Pro Rider
Default Rincon carb mod

There are jets and needles available for every carb. If it is not a stock size, it can be obtained from the carb manufacturer.

That said, you are better off leaving your carb stock. These forums are full of messages from owners who have changed their jetting and now cannot get their engines to run right.

Old 09-29-2003 | 11:19 AM
Trailblazer
Default Rincon carb mod

dynojet makes a kit for the rincon. I put in a #150 with a K&N and a Big Gun exhaust.

Old 09-29-2003 | 10:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rincon carb mod

Moose has had a jet kit out for quite awhile that works well (if I recall it was a Dynojet). The lighter spring improves initial acceleration and it pulls cleanly throughout. Idle is fine and slow speed operation is still good. I have installed dozens of jet kits and sold hundreds more. As long as the proper kit is used (stage 1, stage 2, etc.) and the directions followed, I have never had a problem on a bike that was in proper tune. You need to set your expectations to what you are doing. A jet kit won't make your dog a thoroughbred, but in many cases it can help make her legs a little stronger.

Old 09-30-2003 | 11:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rincon carb mod

Thanks for the input on Rincon mods. I did receive the power kit from High Lifter. I have been performing maintenance and adjustments one thing at a time. Careful not to do too many things at once, makes it easier to troubleshoot what I did last... The first weekend I adjusted the valves; they were a little tight. After the valve adjustment the ATV rode very smooth through the power curve. The next weekend I replaced the UNI filter with the K&N filter, still runs strong and smooth. This week I hope to change out the spring and the jets. I have not yet change the exhuast, have been waiting to find a muffler that will increase poweer and not add too much noise. Any suggestions? Should I wait to change the jets after I change the exhaust? Or, does it not matter what order I do it? Anyway, thanks again for all your ideas and opinions.

Old 09-30-2003 | 12:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rincon carb mod

RinconBob:

What was wrong with Uni filter ? Does the Uni not seem to let more air in then the stock filter ?

Does the Uni have a nice fit ?

Thanks

Mark

Old 09-30-2003 | 01:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rincon carb mod

You can't make a race horse out of a pig,
but you can make a damn fast pig!

Old 09-30-2003 | 05:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rincon carb mod

Your kit should provide recommended jet sizes for the installation of an after-market exhaust. Start there.

Quick Reply: Rincon carb mod