Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

what is happening to two stokes

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 04:57 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is happening to two stokes

polaris is defeting the pupose of a two stoke. i meen two strokes were bad azz in the 250r's days, but now most of them arent worth a crap. A two stroke is made for going fast. right?? well than what is the purpose of an atou two stroke with no power band. it might as well be a high maintenence four stroke. and polaris defenly needs some more quad with atleast an optional manual tranmision. what do you guys think about them

Old 10-16-2003, 02:13 PM
Trailblazer

come on guys im just trying to start up a conversation. i know you all have something to say about it. weres the old fasioned azz wholes that argue with everything you say. i think its pretty amusing. come on what do you think

Old 10-17-2003, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

Your right they should have never made a 2 strock auto thats wack and without a powerbands what where they thinking and making it a 2x4 oh and my freind sed he smoked a preditor with his 2003 yz85 dirtbike he is a dumb azz the guy probly felt sorry for him and let him win

Old 10-17-2003, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Polaris two strokes have no powerband? You really need to race a modded 400 TB/SP/SC.

Old 10-17-2003, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

the 2-stroke polaris's are in powerband as soon as you hit the throttle,none of that wait till it kicks in bull$hit..and for you ppl who say polaris auto's are junk,slow,not responsive and are for ppl who cant shift,well i thought the same thing before i bought my 400..the reason i bought it was mainly to let my daughter learn on it and still have the 2-stroke for me.now she doesnt ride and the mods started,i love the thing except for the weight issue,but it can be lightened..with hpds power maxx engine and their mx chassis your ex wont stand a chance in any riding condition,and with the trail mod and the stock heavy frame you will have a hard time keeping up on wide open trails..bash on polaris all you want,but at least mine is liquid cooled..

Old 10-19-2003, 03:59 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: scrambler420
the 2-stroke polaris's are in powerband as soon as you hit the throttle,none of that wait till it kicks in bull$hit..and for you ppl who say polaris auto's are junk,slow,not responsive and are for ppl who cant shift,well i thought the same thing before i bought my 400..the reason i bought it was mainly to let my daughter learn on it and still have the 2-stroke for me.now she doesnt ride and the mods started,i love the thing except for the weight issue,but it can be lightened..with hpds power maxx engine and their mx chassis your ex wont stand a chance in any riding condition,and with the trail mod and the stock heavy frame you will have a hard time keeping up on wide open trails..bash on polaris all you want,but at least mine is liquid cooled..
I agree. I am also lazy. My clutch hand gets tired after riding all day. Oh wait I don't have a clutch. Maybe it was my shifter toe? Hmmm, nope don't have one of them either... Seriously though with a couple of mods and the right clutching these become very responsive bikes. So much so that you forget they weigh 500lbs and are 4wd. With the mods on mine it is wicked fast out of the hole and definitly no slouch on the topend. The bad thing is with any kind of decent traction it does huge wheelstands even with my 230 lbs hanging over the bars as far I can. Maybe its not a bad thing, kind of fun actually. The best part is laying waste to sportbikes and then pulling them out of the mudhole later in the day. Just my $.02

Old 10-19-2003, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

Two-strokes are going to be outlawed by 2005.