Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

People are stringing piano wire!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People are stringing piano wire!

Some of the people in town are gettin mad because our quads our 2 loud and farmers say were ruining the land so they now have decided to string piano wire in our riding areas 5 feet off the ground to cut our heads off. It's hard enough to get permission to ride on peoples property now there trying to kill us![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-01-2003, 01:36 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

call the authorities????

anybody think to do that?

Old 11-01-2003, 01:36 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

I know,,,,burn down the piano shop!!!!

J/K

Old 11-01-2003, 02:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If it's true, then you should report it to the police. It may not be right to trespass but it's really not right to kill over trespassing. The police would probably tell you not to drive there and tell the owner to remove the wire.
If someone put a wire up where I ride, they'd have alot more to worry about than some atv tracks in the dirt.

Old 11-01-2003, 07:23 PM
Trailblazer

Blame the idiots who don't ride responsibly. This is what happens when people become frustrated with irresponsible riders. You know who you are... the ones who make their own trails and tear up property!!! They're the ones who hurt the sport for the legitimate atv riders by giving EVERYONE a bad name! Next time say something when a fellow rider, or some other thoughtless idiot, makes their own trail... and don't follow!

Old 11-01-2003, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

I know there's times when I would like to string piano wire up to stop people from driving like morons, but to actually do it??? that's a bit harsh.

Around here, local residents got po'd with quads and dirtbikes tearing up the track, so they thought it might be a good idea to sprinkle nails across the track .. not nice at all.

But I have to agree, if everyone just practiced a little common courtesy and didn't go blasting by peoples property, kicking up dust and generally raising hell ... things could be so much better.

I feel the same way about people racing around on the streets in sports cars and any other vehicle for that matter.

Old 11-01-2003, 10:21 PM
BSA
Pro Rider

1. Build a reputation as a responsible rider and always ask permission.

2 If you have a loud muffler or no muffler, replace it with a quiet one...immediately. Loud off road vehicles, especially two strokes, are offensive to 99.99 percent of the population. .

3. Don't expect something for nothing. Offer to do chores in return for access. You want the landowner to know that when you are on the property, the property will be looked after and be better because you were there. This means you will be expected to run off anyone who shouldn't be there, even/especially your buddies.

4. Take a trash bag and remove all trash you see, even if it wasn't you that left it. When you leave show him the trash you removed. You want the farmer to notice things are better because of your presence.

5. Do chores that you aren't even asked to do. If a piece of barbed wire has been cut, fix it. If a gate is open close it. You may not want to fix wire you didn't cut, or close gates you didn't open, but the farmer doesn't know you didn't do it. Fix it and then tell him.

6. Once you have access never automatically invite your buddies. Never means never. The landowner gave permission to you not to your buddies and not to the whole county.

7. Don't tell everybody about the access. Others will rider there without permission ruining it for you.

8. If you have a buddy that is irresponsible, never ride with him. Never means never. You will get blamed for everything he does.

9. If you really start tearing up the ground, go to the co-op and get some cheap grass seed and hand cast it over the rough areas. The farmer will notice your effort.

10. Once you get permission don't screw it up. Farmers talk among themselves and you will never get a second chance anywhere. Never means never.

11. Reread 10.

Old 11-01-2003, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

If some SOB attempted to kill me, he wouldn't get a second chance. I don't agree with tresspassing but piano wire is over the top. More appreciation for some dirt than for another person?? Time to feed the pigs.

Old 11-02-2003, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry i forgot to mention it but the police have been informed. My dad's on the police board and he said the cops are finding piano wire everywhere and the people who own the land aren't doin it. There telling all riders to only ride where they know and to walk the area first. All the guys i ride with ride responsibly i know some kids who do stupid stuff, and i want no part of it.

Old 11-02-2003, 12:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yellowexracer
Some of the people in town are gettin mad because our quads our 2 loud and farmers say were ruining the land so they now have decided to string piano wire in our riding areas 5 feet off the ground to cut our heads off. It's hard enough to get permission to ride on peoples property now there trying to kill us![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

But you said, farmers said we're ruining the land

Quick Reply: People are stringing piano wire!