Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

450r

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 09:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450r

First review, This afternoon I went to the dealership to talk to the owner (who happens to be a friend of my brothers). After shooting the crap with him for more than an hour. I found out that one of the workers at the shop had bought one of the r's. Talked to Steve the proud owner of the new r. To get to the point, we decided to go ride it after he got off work. No I didnt get to ride it or race it against my DS, but I was very impressed with its speed. He was still breaking it in so he never stayed in the throttle long. He owns an 85 250r and he said it pulls as strong if not stronger than his piped and jetted 250r.

I will be meeting up with him tomorrow to do some riding. I will be bringing my Ds. So maybe I can get an idea of how fast its going to be. So I will let you know how it goes.

Old 12-18-2003, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450r

I will be checking all day long for your post.

Old 12-18-2003, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450r

what do u guys think wait till i have enough money for 450r or just get the z400

Old 12-19-2003, 01:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 450r

yes , get the z ! there is always room for one more.......... on the tracks or trails............ behind our R`s of course ! lol !

Old 12-19-2003, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 450r

Originally posted by: Dfitz
fast440, what dealer are you getting that price from?
LA honda. I've never bought from them because they're kinda far away, but they always quote you OTD prices. In San Diego the best quote I've found is $7500. You can call La Honda at (310) 677-9095. I spoke with a guy named Dan. Their web page is LACYCLESPORTS.COM They seem like a very large dealership with great prices and they will put you on the waiting list with only a credit card number and no obligation to buy. The only thing that concerns me is that I've heard a lot of bad things about them from other dealerships in San Diego. I had a deposit down with the Fun bike Center locally but they refused to give me a price quote. I think its kinda lame to take my money and not give me any idea of what I'm going to be paying. I told them I was quoted 6799 otd from la honda and they told me that I was lied to and that there is no way any shop would sell me the bike that cheap. They put up a real fight but I got my deposit back, and I'm trying my luck up north. Good luck to you and if you find a lower quotein the So Cal area please let me know!

Old 12-19-2003, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default 450r

what dealer in Louisiana already got one in?

I have one on order (that could change) from what people tell me is the "distribution dealer"(they supposedly gets things before everyone else) and it wont be in until January.

I am curious to see how it does against a YFZ. I mean this with sincerity and it is just my opinion, so dont take it too hard all you honda fans ( I am one too) - I love honda and have 'sung the praises' of the 450R on here for awhile and even have one on order that is subject to change once I see both side by side. But the more I logically think about it, I really dont think honda put their heart into and did the absolute best that they could do with this bike like yamaha did with the theirs. I am not saying either is "better," but from they way the YFZ performs and even offered electric start (with the same claimed weight) I think they thought a little harder about it... I am only wanting to be fair to both. But we shall see....

Anyway, this may be a dum$%^ question but is it easy to start? does the "hot start" lever and the auto-decompression help? You know, every bike I have is kick - and quite honestly not to be a 'p...y' or anything, but after an all day hot as hell ride adventure, it really would be kinda nice to just hit a button or kick something that doesnt want to whip my @ss.

Old 12-19-2003, 03:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default 450r

1BigDSRider,

What city are you in and which dealership received the shipment? Did any other local dealers get a shipment of 450R's??

A co-worker of mine is in Alexandria and said that Lower Cycle Center didn't get any.

Does anybody know where the 450R's are being assembled?

Old 12-19-2003, 04:27 AM
Range Rover
Default 450r

anyone that buys a 450r as soon as they come out is just gonna get ripped off. why not just wait and see how they perform and save several hunderd dollars?

Old 12-19-2003, 09:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default 450r

how much ground clearance does tha 450r have

Old 12-19-2003, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default 450r

I hope it all works out with LA Honda (San Diego dealers get way to much money from us) and then go back to FBC and rub it in there faces. I hate that place and will never do anything with them. They have the worst people to deal with. I know you will let us know how it goes it's going to be a great quad.

Quick Reply: 450r