Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Hondas suck now, im going with yamaha

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 05:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hondas suck now, im going with yamaha

The only time 4-strokes are cheaper is when you put unleaded fuel in them. You'll never get a 4-stroke atv motor to hang with a 2-stroke atv motor on a 100 yard track. I dont care how modded your 4-stroke is. Put a turbo on it, double the cc, run nitrous. A 2-stroke with at least half the displacement can still walk around it.

All bikes are built for a reason in mind, whether it be TT, trail, dunes, rec, mx, drag. I understand this. But dont say your 4-stroke will beat a 2-stroke in every catagory because its not going to happen.

They wont be outlawing 2-strokes for at least a couple more years, minimum. AND when/if they are taken off the production line you bet your azz they will still make parts. Manufacturers like money too. They arent going to forget about all the customers who have given them their hard earned money.

Number guy, go ahead and go yamaha. I dont think anybody really cares

Old 12-23-2003, 08:04 AM
Pro Rider

Here we go again! Another 2 vs 4 argument. Sheesh. I mean like, who really gives a sh*t?
Both have their advantages and drawbacks. I get as tired of hearing 2 vs 4 bantering as I
do hearing Yami owners showing their *sses with rude and pointless cracks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ever notice those in forums who make the dumbest, most obnoxious remarks are
usually Yami riders? (Not always, just 90% of the time). What does that tell you
about Yami riders? I am beginning to dislike Yamahas just because of the people
who ride them. (Although I hate the sound of the 2 stroke Yamis).

7540875048, no brands suck. Just like 2 vs 4, they all have good points and bad.
If I was a speed freak, I would have a 2 stroke Yami, and pay the big money to keep
it running. (And where ear plugs). But I am not. I like low speed torque, because
most of my riding is at low speed. I would like to see a Blaster/Banshee ride Tellico.
What? Can't do that?
No, of course not, because they weren't made that kind of use.
Differemt uses, different quads.

So much bullsh*t, so little common sense.

Old 12-23-2003, 08:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wasn't this about harping on Honda? Anyways- granted, a 4- stroke can never aproach the stratospheric levels attained by the 2-stroke, all I was saying is that 4- stroke's are the in thing now as per EPA mandates of select ATV's getting the axe come 2006.

Old 12-23-2003, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider

Again-- what just won the Baja 1000? As per EPA mandates, select ATVs will get the axe by 2006 for lack of emissions compliance. Now I'm just the messenger about these EPA things.......

Old 12-23-2003, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

Hondas suck now, im going with yamaha, waaa, waaaaa, waaaaaaaa-- Grow up, man!

Old 12-23-2003, 08:54 AM
Range Rover

The poor yamaha hopefuls are going to get crushed by the team honda racing. Baja 1000 is only the start of a long list of wins for the honda 450. I'm not so sure the honda will fare so well at the local tracks with less than a pro rider. But just my past experience tells me Honda will make the 450 win regardless of its racefullness. Just look at the CR's long list of MX championships. Even last years baja 1000 was won on a rack ladden piece of #@&!! Rincon 650.

Oh well, long live the 2-strokes and I love my banshee at the dunes.

Old 12-23-2003, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fast440
here we go. 754.... do you know how lame it makes you sound when other people are making intelligent comments and you say "you're quad is wimpy and mine could kill yours???" We don't come into the yammie forum and say they suck so stay out of ours.. by the way 420, that's one nice bike.
I think most of us realize when there just looking for attention etc, and I only wish I had eyes in the back of my head to see their faces when they get passed by the little whimpy honda. Well not only I also wish it was more the rider than the motor LMAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2003, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

And what does that tell you Machwon, about the
"rack ladden piece of #@&!! Rincon 650."?
Not quite such a piece of sh*t, now is it?

Never ceases to blow my mind how much PREJUDICE
exists among ATV riders. Unbelieveable!

Old 12-23-2003, 01:55 PM
Range Rover

Woodsrunner, my whole point is that Team Honda will win with any quad they manufacture and team Honda will rarely lose at the race track. To me thats what this thread is about. I didn't say the Yamaha was inferior, in fact I even mentioned that the honda 450 might not be the best at the local tracks. All the other teams in the Baja that year had multiple problems with the rincon breaking front axle spindles, But not team Honda's!

I am not biased as I happen to own both a Honda and a Yamaha. How do you find it unbelievable that I or anyone else for that matter would have an opinion on this subject?

Old 12-23-2003, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
The only time 4-strokes are cheaper is when you put unleaded fuel in them. You'll never get a 4-stroke atv motor to hang with a 2-stroke atv motor on a 100 yard track. I dont care how modded your 4-stroke is. Put a turbo on it, double the cc, run nitrous. A 2-stroke with at least half the displacement can still walk around it.

All bikes are built for a reason in mind, whether it be TT, trail, dunes, rec, mx, drag. I understand this. But dont say your 4-stroke will beat a 2-stroke in every catagory because its not going to happen.

They wont be outlawing 2-strokes for at least a couple more years, minimum. AND when/if they are taken off the production line you bet your azz they will still make parts. Manufacturers like money too. They arent going to forget about all the customers who have given them their hard earned money.

Whoa, whoa whoa! Now see, when people spread wrong information, that really pisses me off. My friend has a 400EX with a JUST a performance cam and air filter, I've watched him smoke countless banshees. Banshees are a 350 if I'm not mistaken and that's way more than half the size of the 400. That is a true story and he'd be disgusted if he saw what you just said about "no 4-stroke can hang with a 2". I'm not putting down 2-strokes, but they CAN and HAVE been beaten by 4's in a drag, I've seen it with my own eyes. Hell, if it makes any difference, he beat a banshee with his CRF450 dirtbike, and that's only 100cc's less. 2's are great bikes, I won't say they aren't. But DO NOT give out false information man. 4's can and do keep up with and beat 2's everyday.

Quick Reply: Hondas suck now, im going with yamaha