Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

gas in oil!!! help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas in oil!!! help!!!

Time for new piston and rings. Check the cylinder walls for scoring.

Old 12-24-2003, 09:19 PM
Trailblazer

I would contact your dealer about it, but I would deffinitaly NEVER run it with oil and gas in the pan, big NO NO. The gas and oil, act as almost and abrasive in you engine, scoring cylinder walls and chewing pistion rings, by the sounds of it, its to late already, deffinitaly ALWAYS turn off you gas good habit for antitheft and for not having a puddle of gas under your quad and I guess it might help your problem, but I don't think thats what it is. Sounds like you havin't change yer oil enough, how many hours you put on a change, I like to change min at least every 10 hours if not before, I use amsoil everyone likes different stuff, amsoil seems to make my clucth grab like a dream. You run a K&N? Might be time to look into a good uni, I have NO faith in K&N's mabye for race bikes, but I don't like trading performance fer relibility. I woundn't go ripping down yer motor, if you don't know what you are doing, but if you do get a pistion, rings and gaskets and do it, deffintaly would help, UNLESS YOUR BIKE IS BRAND NEW look at the cylinder wall fer scoring too. Alot of people find themselves in these messes and it would have been avoided by not going in to 5 foot crick or changing there oil a little more. ANyway winkworth@rogers.com NO WING NO PRAYER

Old 12-24-2003, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

thanks nicefast!!! well I chaged my oil twice senice sunday and that is when we noticed it, and put 20 50 in it, and have not rode it yet (live in naborhood) I am maybe going fri. so i will see. Now it won't start, changed the plug and still won't, whats wrong??
I ride at florence dunes and this time of year you have to cross cricks that arnt deep at all, maybe 2-4 in. and I go slow, so i don't get wet. and after I came out a friend said it was smoking bad and it was, could that have screwed it up??
thanks

kc