Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Glamis or Pizmo.....where are they in California.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glamis or Pizmo.....where are they in California.

I am going to Palm Springs for vacation in a couple of weeks. I want to see either Glamis, Pizmo, or another of the hot riding spots you west coast guys are always talking about. How far away are either from Palm Springs and what is the best time of the day and week to go?

Old 01-17-2004, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

What can my wife and I do at Glamis if we go? I won't have my quad obviously, can we rent jeeps or something? Is it worth the trip from Palm Springs?

Old 01-17-2004, 08:47 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pismo is the other direction from Glamis. Take the I-10 west to the 101, then the 101 north up the coast. I live near San Bernardino, and it is a 4 hour drive from here. They definitely do rent quads at Pismo.

Old 01-17-2004, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glamis is about 1.5-2 hours from Palm Springs, and Pismo is like the other guy said, about 4 hours, although I would take the 10w to 210w to 134w to 101N. Antwyaas, not much to do at Galmis if you have no toys.

Old 01-19-2004, 01:06 AM
Trailblazer

Pismo is more then four hours from palm springs! Dunes alone, Glamis is a 10, pismo a 2. There is nothing to do at all for your wife in Glamis, NOTHING! On the other hand, Gorden's well/butter cup are part of the Imperial Dunes, they are located on the other side by YUMA. About 30 minutes further. There is a small town there 150,000 and it is located on thew border of MEXICO. Your wife can go shopping in mexico, hotels there, maybe even a rental place for atv's.

If you want to see and ride the best dunes ever, take a trip to Glamis/Yuma. If you want to have an all around good trip, head to Pismo. It's right on the beach, great food, night life, attractions to see, verified ATV rental shop, an all around great place to visit. Your WIFE would like it there alot more then Glamis, though I would take ATV riding at Glamis over pismo any day.

Hoped that info helps!

Remember it is more then 4 hours from plam springs to pismo! Other post was from LA area (4/hrs), not from palm springs. Go to Map Qwest and check miles.....

AZBIGDADDY

Old 01-19-2004, 03:52 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AZBIGDADDY
Pismo is more then four hours from palm springs! Dunes alone, Glamis is a 10, pismo a 2. There is nothing to do at all for your wife in Glamis, NOTHING! On the other hand, Gorden's well/butter cup are part of the Imperial Dunes, they are located on the other side by YUMA. About 30 minutes further. There is a small town there 150,000 and it is located on thew border of MEXICO. Your wife can go shopping in mexico, hotels there, maybe even a rental place for atv's.

If you want to see and ride the best dunes ever, take a trip to Glamis/Yuma. If you want to have an all around good trip, head to Pismo. It's right on the beach, great food, night life, attractions to see, verified ATV rental shop, an all around great place to visit. Your WIFE would like it there alot more then Glamis, though I would take ATV riding at Glamis over pismo any day.

Hoped that info helps!

Remember it is more then 4 hours from plam springs to pismo! Other post was from LA area (4/hrs), not from palm springs. Go to Map Qwest and check miles.....

AZBIGDADDY

Nicely said. What he said. LOL

Old 01-19-2004, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

I have made several calls around Brawley, I found a place that rents ATVS, but NO where that rents Jeeps....I would rather ride an ATV, but if I want my wife and son to have a good time, I need a multi-passenger vehicle...seems to me that someone could CLEAN UP if they had a place like this...there have go to all kinds of people that would rent a jeep for a day. Good business opportunity for the right person...maybe me!!! I have to wonder if there is not a reason why someone has not already done this...maybe laws or taxes or insurance liability or something.

Old 01-19-2004, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, for me in Riverside, it is 3.5-4 hours. From Palm springs, probably 4.5-5. Do you all feel better now.

Old 01-20-2004, 08:01 PM
Range Rover

hey Kyperman, Do you have the number to the place in brawley that rents atv's?

Old 01-21-2004, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SCOOT400EX
hey Kyperman, Do you have the number to the place in brawley that rents atv's?
Yeah I do...but it's at home and I am at work....I know the name of it is "Gettin Dirty"...maybe it's on the net...I will try and get the number for you when I have a chance.

Quick Reply: Glamis or Pizmo.....where are they in California.