Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

DADS QUAD

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 06:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DADS QUAD

i recently just got my new honda and my dad is looking for a utility honda my dad will not ride as often as me and he wants his quad to last ( assuming about 2 rides a week) My dad is just over 6 foot and is a strong man i didnt weight him tho so idk the wieght [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] he is looking for a 4 wheel drive machice that likes hills mud sand and ice any suggestions. i am looking for what you would pick on the utility line of hondas (any one) that would be reliable and strong

Thanks,
Marc

Old 01-20-2004, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default DADS QUAD

I loooove the Rincon! It will be the best choice for a fast, plush ride. It is a utility, but with a sporty type of feel....

Old 01-20-2004, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default DADS QUAD

Oh yeah, its a 650

Old 01-20-2004, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default DADS QUAD

Originally posted by: FaStLaNe
I loooove the Rincon! It will be the best choice for a fast, plush ride. It is a utility, but with a sporty type of feel....
OH YES!
Another Rincon lover! I am the most HONDA luver out here in alabama! All my friends call me a rinconnut because I talk about it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. Allthough the rincon 650 is a GREAT quad, it does have some problems...

First being the fact that this honda is not the best hill clib-er...

Second of all,
the tranny is not a great tranny. I am getting one and I am just going to use the ESP option. ESP is just a easy way to shift with your thumb, and it is great for those moments when you fell like you need extra power or you think that you need to hear you rincons smoth engine rev up!

Third,
The Rincon has no dif lock. And for me I like dif lock.

Forth,
(this applies to all honda utility ATVs) Honda's are not TRUE 4x4. This could be a little (very little) if you want to go though mud and water, and just over rocks and such.

(don't think that the oder that they are in(like FIRST, SECOND, THIRD ect.) means that it is MORE, or LESS of a affect to the quads output)

There are some more, but I am not going to list them because I do not want you to think that this quad is a bad choich or anything. The rincon 650 is a great quad, and by all means go get one now, but I am just telling you.

But if you could posibbly wait just a little, you might want to wait a little (or about a year), for a HONDA RINCON 700! YES, you read it right...A RINCON 700! Ok, Honda has said nothing about its production, but since my uncle works for Honda, he told my that they are working on something, but thats all I could get out of him. But he said that it would have dif locks and all the GOODIES! But if you are getting the 650 OR any quad now, it would not hurt. You can always sale.

But if you want to go do some BIG TIME MUDDING, and such, then you might want to consider getting a rubicon, or foreman s. I would not get anything lower simply because you said "My dad is just over 6 foot and is a strong man i didnt weight him tho so idk the wieght " and I take that, that your dad is a BIG guy...(so is mine)...and if you are 6 feet tall, you usealy weigh alot. So I would not recommend anyhting under a 350cc's quad. Which would be anything under a rancher(maybe the Rancher also). If you are looking for cheap then take a look at rancher ES 4x4...its a 350 but it is a great quad also, BUT like I said anything under a 350, I would not reccommend. I...well, the rancher is a nice quad, and it would be the limit. The rancher is a GREAT cheaper version of the foreman s, or rubicon.

lets see if I can make it simple:

NAME: ENGINE SIZE: PRICE: A LITTLE ABOUT THE QUAD:

Rincon 650cc about $7000 GREAT QUAD! Maybe a little weak on the MUDDIN' side, but all around great!
Rubicon 500cc about $6500 GREAT QUAD! A hard worker...better on the hills than the rincon
Foreman s 450cc about $5000 GREAT WORKER! the best, most reliable quad out there!
(I am skipping the Foreman)
Rancher AT 400cc about $5500 GREAT RINCON LOOKING RANCHER! (new so I dont know much about the ride)
Rancher 350cc about $3500 PERFECT FOR THOSE WHO ARE LOOKING FOR A CHEAPER, more reliable quad.
(and I am skiping the Recon, because its under 350cc's)

But if you could buy ANY quad, at ANY price???? Most everyone will say "GET THE BIGGEST YOU CAN BUY"

But that's about all i can say about the rincon, and other quads.

Old 01-20-2004, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default DADS QUAD

SORRY, but the review at the end did not turn out as I hope it would. So I apoligize for that guys!

Its a little CRAMED together...sorry!

Old 01-20-2004, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default DADS QUAD

You got any other info like the 700 Rinny Freak?? How bout a 650ex??

Old 01-20-2004, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default DADS QUAD

RANCHER 400 AT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-20-2004, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default DADS QUAD

sure I do! I just have to get permission to give any infomation out over the internet forums. (permission from honda)

Old 01-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default DADS QUAD

Originally posted by: HondaATVfreak
sure I do! I just have to get permission to give any infomation out over the internet forums. (permission from honda)
YAY! LOL, get permission man!!!

Old 01-20-2004, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default DADS QUAD

maybe a foreman rubicon or new rancher 400 and of course the rincon

Quick Reply: DADS QUAD