Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Ebay question

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay question

beware scams are rapid on ebay for the last 8 months read' about it in the paper they get another persons id and sell nothing for money they use other peoples pics to sell air beware.

Old 02-02-2004, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Ebay question

Well I'm the one doing the selling so as long as I get the guys money in my bank before I ship him the merchandise is all I'm worried about.

Old 02-02-2004, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Ebay question

Im currently selling my DS on ebay and stated the reserve price on the page so people wont wait til the last minute to bid. So i get this email from some guy, i think hes from germany. Heres the email..

Hello,
i have seen your add in Ebay about baja 650.
I have interested and would buy it now your baja for 4200 Dollar.´
But i will go secure.
Have you a secure way for moneytransaktion(secure pay or other?)
Thanks Rai

His user name is "oceaneleven1976". I looked him up and hes clean, feedback of like 28 and no name changes. I noticed hes selling a raptor, maybe hes just looking for a new quad?? I dont know, i dont feel like shipping it overseas so its out of the question. Just wondering, does this sound like a scam?

Old 02-02-2004, 05:12 PM
Trailblazer
Default Ebay question

Not worth your time! IT's some kinda scam. These guys are taking alot of people for a lot of money. Report him to ebay as a possible scam. They will check him out. They are very good at stealing peoples ebay accounts so it looks like they have good feedback. Run run away!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2004, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Ebay question

theres a few things to bear in mind if your getting interest in your quad from another country,

1 is it commonly available in their country, cos if it then its realy not worth their while to import,

in britain were well known for being ripped by the govvy and that everything being way to expensive, if you combine that with verry good exchange rates then it can start to look attractive to import from the usa thru an ebay transaction, and im sure there are many countries thruout the world that this applies,

but then on top of the purchase price there is import duty, vat and freight costs, and for the saving its just not worth it, to end end up with a wheeler with no warranty and no combacks,

unless your selling something rare as was the case when i got my zilla or selling parts for something rare that may be hard to find in another country i would just not bother and tell them politely that you would prefer not deal with foreign countries,

not just from the perspective of you risking being ripped off but also from the deal falling thru because the winning bidder thinks they have got a bargain but when they look into shipping and importing in general they decide its not worth the bother and back out,

i struck extremely lucky when i got the zilla i came across the add in the closing minuites and on the spur of the moment i placed a bid that won,

it was only later i noticed the listing had stated " ship to the us only"

i quickly contacted the seller and apologised for placing the bid, offered to pay his fees if he would prefer not to ship internationaly but assured him i would handle the logistics of organising the shipping,

luckily he wasnt atall bothered so the deal went ahead,

i contacted a shipping agent in the uk to handle things for me, i was keen to get things done as fast as possable so went for the quickest and obviously most expensive way of doing it, 48 hour air freight, airport to airport,

the shipper told me wich airport they could fly it from in the mississippy and gave a list of demands on how the wheeler needed to be prepared,

i contacted the seller who agreed to crate that quad and do the nessasary preperation,

it turned out that it would be a 9 hour drive for him to the airport,

i once again apologised and offered to pay any out off pocket expenses he incured and to pay for his time in dropping the crated wheeler at the airport,

he wouldnt hear of it, and told me the wheeler had sold for a few hundred dollars more than he had been hoping for so he wasnt loosing out by covering the time and expence of doing the drop,

it worth mentioning that at this time the payment hadnt been made and this is why i say my a$$ twitched once i had made the transaction,

it all started to seem alittle too good to be tru the guy was bending over backward to help me out and also incuring the cost of doing so,,

Was i being ripped?? nope,[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

the guy organised himself for the long trip to the airport, resceduling what ever else he had to do, and it was all sytems go,

in the mean time shipping documents had to be sent to him for signing and sending to the airport, and they never turned up in time so everything had to be resceduled, creating more agrovation and disruption for the seller,

needless to say i got the wheeler,,

the real point being that for the agro to anyone in the usa who may be considering shipping internationaly, its probably better to reject the winning bid and go with someone closer to home for less money,

Old 02-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Ebay question

infact i just recieved my latest ebay purchase from the usa today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

a lovely Leger round housing swing arm complete with housing and bairings,

you just dont find things like that in the UK, thank god theres still a few genuine people floating around on Ebay,

Old 02-02-2004, 09:30 PM
Trailblazer
Default Ebay question

hey pal be very carefule there is a thing out there called the 411 scam look it up on the internet it spans all around the globe i got hit for $4600 out of nigeria so if this dude says he gonna send you more money than the actual price along with a sob story and could you send back the balance via western union or moneygram (which is legit) they will find awwy to screw you they are good at it i own my own buisness for along time now and i thought i had it all covered boy did this set me straight watch your self and you dough good luck