Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rancher AT reliability!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 12:33 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancher AT reliability!!

Your points are very valid and well taken. Can I assume that you have gone up the chain of command to get to Honda and argued your case with them? I think your dealer needs to be at your back and go to bat for you.

Old 02-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Trailblazer

I live between Erie and Edinboro, PA, right in the snow belt. It's been a great winter as far as excellent snow conditions. My sled broke and has been in the shop for the last month, so thank God for the wheeler.

Old 02-16-2004, 08:13 PM
Range Rover

kckcjam,

You are in the snowbelt. I am in sales and cover that area. I hardly ever see that area from Dec-March. You just never know when a lake effect snow is going to blow in.
I went to Slipppery Rock and could never figure out why some people went to Edinboro to spend 3-4 months in the snow.
Later

Old 02-19-2004, 06:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have one of the first AT's. I had a problem with it shifting down when in the auto mode. Took it to the dealer they fixed it no more problems. I have about 550 miles on mine and love it. I would buy another.

Randy

Old 02-19-2004, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

I haven't driven one, but I had a close look at one a few months ago, and wasn't all that impressed. The racks looked a little flimsy, and the whole machine had kind of a "delicate" look to it that made me wonder how well it would hold up under hard use. My 400 gets used for farm work most of the time, and a good solid set of racks are indispensable. Any machine I'm going to use has to be prepared to work for it's keep, and the Keep It Simple Stup** principle holds true. Plus, I have an (irrational, maybe) suspicion of things electronic around water, mud, tree branches, and God only knows what else. For a pure trail machine that wasn't going to have to lug a lot of gear around, it would do very well, I think. Not dissing the 400 AT, just my thoughts on it's suitability for my uses.

Old 02-19-2004, 04:01 PM
Range Rover

Gee chilly

I tied a rope to my rear rack and pulled a Ford Focus out of a snow bank. How much more iron do you want in the racks? I believe just looking can be deceiving. I took a look at a foreman and thought it looked like a slow slug, kind of the type that should be hid behind the barn.

Old 02-20-2004, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Well yeah, Rancher, you were hooked to a sardine can...not a real car like a Saturn... Just Kidding... seriously though, you're probably right, looks can be deceiving. I've not heard many bad things about the AT. And oddly enough, my Foreman DOES spend most of it's time behind the barn, usually hooked to something,..lol I think the horses are getting jealous...

Old 03-05-2004, 05:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

340 miles of hard and wet riding. Nothing abusive but I've swamped her to the point of stalling twice, gotten plenty of air and generally rode her hard. No problems yet!

Old 05-13-2004, 02:00 AM
Trailblazer

Good old days !

Old 05-13-2004, 06:43 PM
Range Rover

Spudnick,

Have you heard anything about your quad? Is it still in the shop?

Quick Reply: Rancher AT reliability!!