Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Carb heater on a Rancher???

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 11:35 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb heater on a Rancher???

I have an 02 Rancher and have read in the forums that I have a carb heater. I can't find any mention of it in my manual......so do I have it or not???? Is it possibly just the Ranchers made in the US that have it?

Old 02-08-2004, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

To my knowledge, the Rancher does not have a carburetor heater. The Rincon has one though.

Old 02-08-2004, 12:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

On the Foreman 450, there is a little hose that goes out the bottom. The heater is just above the little hose pointing down. (to the left of the primer which is also on the 450) It is also towards the front of the carb. It kinda looks like a brass fitting that screws into the carb. It looks like taped wires come off the brass fitting. You could see if there is anything like that on your Rancher.

Before I bought my Foreman I read that it had a carb heater. When I bought it the salesman [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] said the Foreman only had a primer. You'd think they'd know what they're talking about. I thought to myself that a primer is better than nothing. I must have misunderstood the article and they were probably talking about the primer. The salesboy was wrong and the Foreman has a heater and primer. Lesson to be learned: Don't believe half the things that sales people tell you.

Old 02-08-2004, 12:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think that the pilot screw is right next to the heater on the Foreman. Might help. Maybe not.

Old 02-08-2004, 01:54 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Yellow650Rincon
To my knowledge, the Rancher does not have a carburetor heater. The Rincon has one though.

of course it has...... when you remove your seat stand on the right side of your quad(where the trottle is)
look at the upper frame section right abouth where the carburator is.
You will see an electrical connector , from that connector there is a wire going toward the bottom of the carb , at the bottom of the carb. is about a 1/2 inch diameter brass looking thing which resembles a bolt head and a wire going in to it
that is your carb heater.
look fof it ...it has one.
my 2001 rubivon had one and so does my 04 rancher.( I am in Texas so this feature is universal for all rancher as far as I konw. not only for cold climate machines.

Old 02-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Range Rover

My Rancher AT has a carb heater. I like to turn on the ignition and leave it for 30- 60 seconds. I then pull the choke out and starts right up. Seems to run much better allowing the carb to warm up. I really like the idea.

Old 02-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a '02 Rancher 350 FM and it does have a carb heater on it. Pretty much anytime you have an electrical wire going to a carburator you have a carb heater.

Trending Topics

Old 02-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked through the owners manual (quickly) and don't think it even mentions it.

Old 02-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

i have a 2002 Rancher....and yes, it has a carb heater....both american and canadian models have it...

Old 02-10-2004, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 03 Rancher ES. That is pretty nice of honda to instal a carb heater. I didn't know I had one how does it work. I guess from what i read you turn the ignition on let the quad sit for a minute and it will ease the starting. Do have have it right.

Quick Reply: Carb heater on a Rancher???