Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Yama-Fanatics

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yama-Fanatics

Is it just me or do they contradict themselves A LOT?? It seems like they love to say how the mags are saying that they have front ends that are too light, and they don't compare to the YFZ on the track. But what about when Dirt Wheels says that they were dead even in the drag races? Then they say its not a camparison in drags. Yea, that makes sense....

OH YEAH!! Its because the magazines are not always right, am I correct? Then how can you refer to them on the stuff about the YFZ being better? There were countless Yama-****'s saying that Dirt Wheels was so biased when the first review on the 450R came out and they can't be trusted...but when they say the YFZ is better, they act as if Dirt Wheels reviews on dead-on. (Even though the damn magazine is full of grammatical errors, they even put a picture of a Warrior in there saying it was a Blaster a few months back!)

Old 02-17-2004, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yama-Fanatics

They praise mags' when the comparison is in their favor....and b!tch and complain that its a lie when it isn't. Personally, I wouldn't have thrown that at "Yamaha" - you'll find people everywhere doing it

Old 02-17-2004, 07:41 PM
Trailblazer
Default Yama-Fanatics

Originally posted by: FaStLaNe
Is it just me or do they contradict themselves A LOT?? It seems like they love to say how the mags are saying that they have front ends that are too light, and they don't compare to the YFZ on the track. But what about when Dirt Wheels says that they were dead even in the drag races? Then they say its not a camparison in drags. Yea, that makes sense....

OH YEAH!! Its because the magazines are not always right, am I correct? Then how can you refer to them on the stuff about the YFZ being better? There were countless Yama-****'s saying that Dirt Wheels was so biased when the first review on the 450R came out and they can't be trusted...but when they say the YFZ is better, they act as if Dirt Wheels reviews on dead-on. (Even though the damn magazine is full of grammatical errors, they even put a picture of a Warrior in there saying it was a Blaster a few months back!)
Yea your definatly rite i remember 2 weeks ago people saying that dirtwheels is all about honda.

Old 02-17-2004, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yama-Fanatics

Originally posted by: bigojaydog

Yea your definatly rite i remember 2 weeks ago people saying that dirtwheels is all about honda.

Yeah, I know, don't they look like dipsh!ts now?? lol

Old 02-17-2004, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yama-Fanatics

Fastlane- As much I as tend to disagree with the Yammi folks, I've have to say your post doesn't say much for Honda riders. This is exactly the pointless behavior that frustrates me with the Honda Bashers. It is one thing to respond to an infantile comment, it is another to start a whole new thread categorizing yammi owners as ***** and dipsh!ts.

I partially understand the point you have attempted to address, however you totally went about it in the wrong fashion.

It's a free country, so voice away ---- Just understand that by doing so in this manner you become part of the problem.

To the Yammi riders who will read this: In no way shape or form do I condone this type of behavior.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Can't we all just get along ????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2004, 10:29 PM
Range Rover
Default Yama-Fanatics

we can get along, because your behind me![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]"eat my dirt! j/k

Old 02-17-2004, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yama-Fanatics

Why do you get so worked up about what Yamaha riders think? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2004, 01:56 AM
The Facility
Default Yama-Fanatics

IMO, it's fine until things get to a personal level.

If you go back.....you need to look at all the things Honda riders were flapping their jaws about when the 400EX was released.....

Or when the DS650 came out.....

The Cannondale........

The Z400...............

It's part of life on the forums.
Until it's possible to physically attack a person with their keyboard, I don't really see a problem with it.

Old 02-19-2004, 10:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yama-Fanatics

strife and arguments make this forum less useful, but a little more entertaining...to a point. As learning2fly said, these comments posted here are just as bad as those from the yamaha guys. I personally owned all hondas until my purchase of a raptor in 02. Even then I still owned an 01 rancher es.

Most yamaha riders on these forums do not endorse dw. If fact, most of us think they are full of it no matter what they are testing. If you would have looked past the few ignorant posts, you would have seen many of us suprised at how much the dw mag bashed the honda. Remember, you cant cut down the entire flock of owner for the actions of the minortiy. You honda riders and all other branches of the sport have your own ignorant posters too.

Old 02-19-2004, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yama-Fanatics

Yea the magz are bias and what ever the testers and writers feels, is which bike is better. The tracks and dunes will make the real tests.