Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Oregon ATV query

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 07:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oregon ATV query

Hi- total, absolute newbie here.

I would like to buy a HondaTRX450 or the new Yamaha 2004 model here in Oregon. I need to know A) who the best-priced dealers would be, and B)does the total cost of the vehicle include tax,tag and title (OK-no sales tax here so...). Are tags required in Oregon?

The next thing I need to know is that I will be in Europe for about 6 weeks and would like to ship it over-any idea of costs and who to contact?

Thanks!

Old 02-22-2004, 06:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Oregon ATV query

You need to call and ask for the "out the door price" and get a name there. Seems every dealer does it a little different. I have been looking around Salem and seems about the best deal is 6300-6500. In reality, anywhere around Oregon/Washington, you will need to show up in person and be ready to buy in order to chisel em' down to the last couple bucks. I bought my 03' 400ex from Richard Miller in Eureka last spring and got it for substantially under MSRP...that was BEFORE the prices dropped recently. Don't expect much of a deal on the 450R unless you want to drive back to the midwest, where it seems they are available for right around 6000. Belive me I am looking and it's not worth it to me, to drive 500 miles to save a couple of hundred bucks. I'm holding off a bit longer to see if the hype subsides a little bit. In Anchorage you cannot even get one for MSRP......add like 300 bucks to that and don't even ask for anything extra.

Yes, you should get the Oregon ORV tag, it's like 10 bucks and available at a lot of dealers and at the coast. Some places have "no slack" police that will write ya' without one. Why risk having your bike impounded...it can happen if you fail the "hello test." The Oregon Dunes Rule. Better riding there than most places in Alaska where I live in the summer.

Europe...? Dude, I hope it's going via military transport/guarded/heavily insured. It might never arrive depending on the route! Can you even ride it over there? Theft could be an issue as well.

Don't lament over just a few dollars. If you want the bike (everyone in AK call's em' "Wheelers" or "Bikes"), can afford it AND will ride it a lot....not like me of late, get it and enjoy!!!

Old 02-22-2004, 07:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Oregon ATV query

Thanks Phil- 'preciate the info. Will try and see what I can come up with!