Default Rancher 4x4 question!

WARN

----- Gimpster -----

Old 03-03-2004, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: aintnostoppinme1
thanks alot guys now im gunna have to find me a rancher and get a warn kit for it.
Lake Hill Motors And Marine
2003 Highway 72 E
Corinth, MS 38834-6710
(662)287-4451

When my friend went to find a rancher, this is where he went. I went with him to pick up his bike. The people there were really nice, and had the best prices of anywhere that he was able to find. They have a huge selection of bikes. To give you an idea of what im talking about, when he asked for a 03' 4x4 manual shift orange rancher, they said " Well, we have 24 in stock, but you better hurry if you want any of those." In the hour we were there they probablly sold close to 20 bikes. This place really is amazing, you should deffinatly check this place out if you are set on a Racher. I hope this simplifies your search. Give them a call, thier price will prolly justify the long drive.

Old 03-03-2004, 12:35 AM
Range Rover

Also insted of the 424 select by Warn there is one called the detroit gearless locker un locker and you would have differencial that both wheels always have to spin but is still easy to steer

Old 03-03-2004, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, turn me onto the locker site, I have no experience with them and would like to check them out.
thanks

----- Gimpster -----

Old 03-03-2004, 01:16 AM
The Facility

bigbamaboy,

I would like to add something to your reference of Lake Hill

For starters, Lake Hill is the #1 selling Honda dealer in the world....yes, the world.

The problem is, and I am not making this up, You will be hard pressed to find any Honda dealer in the US to take warranty work from a quad that was bought there. It's alot like the automotive market. Your dealer cannot turn you away because you bought from another dealer, BUT he can put you waaaaay towards the bottom of the list of repairs and he can ontinue to bump you to the bottom, because Honda does recognize it's dealers right to treat their own customers with priority. It's a loop hole, I know, but it's the ugly truth and it happens every day.

This works out fine for those who live within a few hundred miles from Lake Hill Motors, but those who drive across the country to save $500 on a quad are in for a surprise.

If you doubt what I am saying, then do a search for them on this site. This has been brought up by more than a few POed' customers of theirs.

And before you ask.....No......They are not in my sales region....LOL

Old 03-03-2004, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider

that is the truth. over the years i've had several of my toys up at the dealer to get serviced, and they usually sat for about a month before they got around to working on them. now that we bought a foreman from them, well, the record for drop off to pick up is 1 hour!!!. it was only the first service but i guarentee if we hadnt bought it from them it would have been atleast a week before it was done. its amazing how a few thousand $ will speed things up.

Old 03-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

Knowsalot,
I didn't know this about warranty work. I guess I'm glad I didn't buy a bike from them. Maybe it will be ok, though. My friend and I live within a 2 hours drive from Lake Hill, but maybe he won't need any warranty work, he kinda babies his quad. Not to dispute what you said about the warranty work, but he save closer to $1000 to $1200. Thats a lot of $$$ for two hours drive. If you are close enough to them, I guess it would be in your best intrest to at least check them out.

Old 03-03-2004, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bigbamaboy
Originally posted by: aintnostoppinme1
thanks alot guys now im gunna have to find me a rancher and get a warn kit for it.
Lake Hill Motors And Marine
2003 Highway 72 E
Corinth, MS 38834-6710
(662)287-4451

When my friend went to find a rancher, this is where he went. I went with him to pick up his bike. The people there were really nice, and had the best prices of anywhere that he was able to find. They have a huge selection of bikes. To give you an idea of what im talking about, when he asked for a 03' 4x4 manual shift orange rancher, they said " Well, we have 24 in stock, but you better hurry if you want any of those." In the hour we were there they probablly sold close to 20 bikes. This place really is amazing, you should deffinatly check this place out if you are set on a Racher. I hope this simplifies your search. Give them a call, thier price will prolly justify the long drive.

i dont think i can afford a new quad i only have like 2200. does anyone think i can find a rancher 4x4 for that price??

Old 03-03-2004, 07:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

new, no way. Used, maybe, but its really pushing it. you would have to find one with a lot of time on it or someone who didnt know how much they were worth. you might be able to get an old trx300 4x4 for that much though.

Old 03-03-2004, 08:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey that WARN 424 Select retails for $298.. but you can shop around..

The PN for ALL Ranchers is : PN 63559

Go with the WARN.. It has a great warranty and is totally sealed and it works great..

See all the details at www.warn.com

Quick Reply: Rancher 4x4 question!