Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda lighter than yfz stock for stock?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda lighter than yfz stock for stock?

I was reading last months (march) issue of dirtywheels and in the shootout, they said "The Yamaha and Honda were considerably lighter at 378 and 376 pounds respectively", which, if im not mistaken, they are talking about the yfz weighing in at 378 and the 450r weighing 376 wet, i could be wrong, but anyway, the 450r with a bigger gas tank is still lighter? sounds kinda impressive even though its a kick. I know some people will say " you can put a kickstarter on the yfz and save 20 lbs" or something like that, and i also came across on the first test they did with the yfz, they said you can save 8 lbs by taking off the electric starter, and in the march issue, they said 15 lbs, hmmm. Ive heard so many people, including pros, say that yfzs arent any good in the trails, but in dirtwheels, they say that it ripped in trails, and they also said that the yfz was the fastest in the sand, but ive heard they were so close, its uncomparable, i dont know wtf's going on here, i guess dirtywheels are up to it again for anyone that cares...

Old 03-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Range Rover

i could care less to tell you the truth this arguing is going to be going on for a very long time so we mine as well get used to it

Old 03-09-2004, 09:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

they both seem to be good quads, but looks like the yamaha would win in how low can you go. it probably was the starter and battery that came in at 15pounds seems most batterys come in at 5-8 pounds.

Old 03-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

Well, first of all i didnt put this thread up here to start a this vs that thing or arguing in general, i was trying to make a point and if you dont really care, then dont post. NE way sandman430, they said that it was a combined weight of the starter and battery, thats what i thought until i read it, but thats dirtwheels for you

Old 03-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

ohhh noo!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] for real you really think you'll notice a difference? why do ppl keep tryin to bring up reasons why the honda is "better" than the yamaha?? its retarted....

Old 03-09-2004, 09:47 PM
Range Rover

thanks for agreeing fastbansheekid. pick one for the riding you do most 450r for trail yfz for mx. there ya go.

Old 03-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FastBansheekid
ohhh noo!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] for real you really think you'll notice a difference? why do ppl keep tryin to bring up reasons why the honda is "better" than the yamaha?? its retarted....
ok dude, i wasnt trying to bring up reasons why it was "better" I OWN A YAMAHA! who ever said i would notice a difference? Just informing since ive heard about a hundred times that a yfz is lighter than a trx, omg. he11, i would have even brought it up if i was still going to buy a yfz.

Old 03-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

alright sry dude it just seemed like a wierd thread. i no you ride a yamaha and i think you told me before that you perfer the 450r more. thats cool. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2004, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

cool, hows the banshee holdin up?

Old 03-09-2004, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

banshee hasn't been holdin up good bro.. thing didn't wanna shift into 3rd.. its prolly bad shift forks or shift star. i no its a shift mechanism.. because every now n then i can get it into 3rd. o welll guess i could crack it apart when it gets warmer.

Quick Reply: Honda lighter than yfz stock for stock?