Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Recon owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2000, 05:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should have known not to trade in my trusty honda for a polaris but i did about 4 months ago what a peice of junk, so today i went and traded in for a new recon. I want to hear from the other owners of this mashine and what your take is on it. Im just glad to have a honda in my garage again. THANKS EVERYONE!!!!

Old 07-20-2000, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

what polaris did you get?

Old 07-20-2000, 06:23 PM
Trailblazer

I had the 00 trail boss 325, big,heavy and no power.

Old 07-21-2000, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

Dude, you will really really enjoy the Recon. Although its listed as a utility quad it sure does feel sporty.

We have around 400 miles on the Recon & not one problem, nothing. We did adjust the slack out of the throttle cable & it made a little difference on the acceleration.

This is the BEST quad in its class!

Old 07-21-2000, 12:03 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks guys for your replys. Any more opinions on what you guys think will be great.

Old 07-21-2000, 12:14 PM
Range Rover

The Recon is one fun quad! It is light and quick on the tight trails, I don't think my Warrior would be able to run away from it in the tight stuff. As far as mud goes, my daughter on the Recon had a good laugh at me when I got the Warrior stuck and she went through the same spot with no trouble on the Honda. It did make me go out and buy Blackwaters for the Warrior just to keep from getting stuck again and getting laughed at again. HA! The only complaint I have with the Recon is that it won't idle when its cold which seems to be common with this model.

Old 07-21-2000, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

Oh I can't say anything bad about the Recon, It's a real fun Quad. I'm not a big guy so I can really fly on it. My Brother though, he's a big-0-boy and he may look like a gorilla on a tricycle but it still does great. The only problem I've had at all it water on the plug. You may find a post where we talked about it. It's not a problem necessarily getting it wet. It's when you hit shallow water real fast. So get your plug cap prepared and you should have no problems.

I had a 92 TB250 and I had a new piston installed. It was not slow at all but man that thing gave me problems. The worst of which was it rolling over. This thing would roll on even a modest slant. The kids called it flipper. It's a gonner now though. I surprised to hear that you hated a new one that much. I mean you must have taken a bath on the trade-in. What was so bad about it? The sad part is the money you left on the table would have bought a even nicer quad. Don't mean to pick at you wounds but I've been there too.

Old 07-21-2000, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

that's funny, My nephew was on the recon and me on the warrior. We hit some mud and I was stuck, spinning the wheels. You know how water and mud shoots straight up and rains down on you due to NO FENDER. He was laughing so hard. So I got unstuck and tried it again. This time doing about 25mph. Skipped through like a stone. I showed him.
So you like your tires huh, I should get some. I really want to get rid of the warrior for a 4x4 though.(yep getting old..that a sure sign)

Old 07-21-2000, 12:33 PM
Trailblazer

I sold my 98 Polaris trail blazer to buy my Recon.
The Polaris beat the snot out of my arms and hands on the trails. And because of the hard turning on the Polaris I spent a lot of time hitting trees on the turns, LOL. I love my Recon, we go riding every weekend on state land with miles of trails, whoops, tight turns, and lots and lots of stumps and trees. I never get tired anymore. I can ride longer and more comfortable than my hubby with his
400ex. Go Recon!

00 Recon(red)
00 400ex(soon to be yellow)

Old 07-21-2000, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

You thought a 325cc has no power and went down to a 229cc for improvement? Sounds like the wrong direction to me.

Quick Reply: Recon owners