Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Anybody got an old 200sx ?? ........... I might be picking one up and just want some info

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody got an old 200sx ?? ........... I might be picking one up and just want some info

I'm looking at getting a trx200sx really cheap. If you have one or had one tell me what you think about it.

Also reply if you have pics.

Thanks

Old 04-20-2004, 12:16 AM
Range Rover
Default Anybody got an old 200sx ?? ........... I might be picking one up and just want some info

where the heck do you store all your bikes???

Old 04-20-2004, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

Most of those are my past bikes. I guess I should put that in my signature. I only have the following currently:

04 Wolverine
84 200x
99 honda trx300 4x4 (I bought this one new in 98 but later traded it to my mother. I've already made arrangements to buy it back though)

I do alot of buying, selling, and trading. I bought the big red on my photo page last year for $250. I rebuilt it and did a few other small things. I sold it a couple of months ago for $1000.

I've actually made some money over the years by fixing up bikes and selling them. Oh yea, I did ride each of them till I had my fill [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I don't plan to ever get rid of the wolverine or 300 4x4 though, just enjoy them too much.

Old 04-20-2004, 07:15 AM
Pro Rider

There pretty much bullet proof i think they would probley run without oil [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The biggest problem I had with mine is the rear swingarm chain adjustment/axle bolts they come loose and then stripped out. The chain adjustment setup is a pain.

Old 04-20-2004, 01:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: coryatver
There pretty much bullet proof i think they would probley run without oil [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The biggest problem I had with mine is the rear swingarm chain adjustment/axle bolts they come loose and then stripped out. The chain adjustment setup is a pain.
Boy did he hit that one right on! same thing here.
Very fun machine! My riding buddy bought one (1987)about two months ago. We had problymns with the front brakes....the hubs were froze to the front axles, darn near destroyed one hub getting the drum off. The on its second ride we found out the hard way the rear axle bearings were shot.........When we did the shake down on the rear end, they were tight.....ended up because the "*****" were scattered all around in the swingarm [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].....this all sounds like a disaster, but I think by time we were done it cost about $50 for everything. There not fast.......my 200x(like yours) smokes it BAD!...by time I hit 3rd I was already three bikes ahead! And I let him have the jump to start the race. It was all in fun though. Great machine to have fun on, and light enough to man handle!

Old 04-20-2004, 04:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

We had two of em growing up. We beat the **** out of em, and they never died. Again, the rear axle adjustment is totally stupid. The welds holding the nuts inside the brake drum broke. We even had one go in the pond - no problem! Change the oil a few times, good to go.

Old 04-20-2004, 05:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

They are alot of fun. I had a '86 I bought new and it was alot of fun on trails and in mud. It was stolen a few years later but when I decided to get back into atv's I bought one as a project bike.

Trending Topics

Old 04-21-2004, 01:25 AM
The Facility

Everyone mentioned the exact same thing I was going to mention.........The ridiculous swingarm/chain adjustment setup.

You will be hard pressed to find one that hasn't been JB welded on the left engine side cover due to numerous chain derailments.

As was also mentioned, the nuts welded to the axle carrier aare weak and when they break, it's a hassle of re-welding them just right.

Because of the short swingarm and type of adjuster, it doesn't take much of an offset to throw the chain and pull to one side when riding.

Other than those two flaws, they are great quads, and definately worth having for the right price if it hasn't been abused.

Old 04-25-2004, 03:32 AM
Pro Rider

Well, I got the sx. I posted a picture. I also included a picture of my "new" 200x. I paid $600 for the x and $100 for the sx.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2004, 12:22 PM
Range Rover

I have to agree with coryatver the rear swing arm on my 86 200sx comes lose all the time but the bike is bullet proof you can do anything to it and it will always start i rolled it about 5 times end over end and i hopped on it and started it right up good bike if the price is right

Quick Reply: Anybody got an old 200sx ?? ........... I might be picking one up and just want some info