450r owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450r owners

Originally posted by: hondaracer305
Originally posted by: thunderalley400ex
FYI the HRC kit does not add 7hp, more like 3-4 tops...
No. My friend looked this up on the internet and found dynos which read 6 horsepower, fyi.
hondaracer. I dont care what dyno's you are looking at. I have personally seen the hrc kit only add one lb foot of torque with about half a hourspower. This was all dyno proven in Medford Oregon. My buddy bought the hrc kit, had it installed and was extremely dissapointed with the power gains. He has decided to go with an aftermarket pipe and filter when they come out.

Old 05-06-2004, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450r owners

There are already TONS of aftermarket pipes and filters out..but I do agree that the HRC kit is not that great, you are better off getting a real pipe and like a Sparks cam...

Old 05-06-2004, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450r owners

first gear is deceiving, it makes you think that all the gears are equally as long so when you switch into second its easy to get the rpms to a dangerous height

Old 05-07-2004, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default 450r owners

Originally posted by: stevendsm95gst
Originally posted by: hondaracer305
Originally posted by: thunderalley400ex
FYI the HRC kit does not add 7hp, more like 3-4 tops...
No. My friend looked this up on the internet and found dynos which read 6 horsepower, fyi.
hondaracer. I dont care what dyno's you are looking at. I have personally seen the hrc kit only add one lb foot of torque with about half a hourspower. This was all dyno proven in Medford Oregon. My buddy bought the hrc kit, had it installed and was extremely dissapointed with the power gains. He has decided to go with an aftermarket pipe and filter when they come out.
I knew I was being a little to generous. The HCR kit is a waste of money...

Old 05-07-2004, 12:39 AM
Trailblazer
Default 450r owners

I said it once before the 400ex is a mean machine .
Everybody has a opinion but if i were u i would just buy some shox for your 400 like everybody buys them eventually for the 450.

The power to me still wasnt't enough to buy a stock one for $7000

I have a budy that bought one also after having a dope 400ex and he isn't impressed either.
He still has his 400ex and wished he would of just stuck with it.

Not to make any one mad but this is just my opinion.
All to his own.

Old 05-07-2004, 12:45 AM
Trailblazer
Default 450r owners

I would like for any of you to race me with my HRC 13T 450R. I shouldn't even reply to this thread as you all are probably just nothing but smack talkers. If your "buddy" is not happy with the HRC kit, then you may want to rip apart his motor and check that the cam was installed correctly. I am 245lbs and have raced MANY quads before and afte the HRC kit and ....... You are GAAYYYYY, You did ruffle my feathers though, good job.

Old 05-07-2004, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default 450r owners

Yea you shouldnt of replied, if you think your HRC, 13tooth sprocket can hang with my YFZ your smoking something[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2004, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default 450r owners

lilthumper: Im sure that you think that your 13t hrc kit honda is very fast. But let me tell you that there is always going to be someone faster out there. Where are you from?

So im ga-y because i posted true results that i have witnessed from a dyno? If you think that im on here to bash the trx then you are very wrong. In fact i was one of the first guys on this forum to test ride the trx and post a very extensive nonbiased review. Go ahead and dig it up if you would like. It was appreciated by many honda owners to see that me (a yamaha owner) was able to say such good things about the trx. Next time you want to run your mouth and call other people childish names maybe you should do it on another forum. You are just making yourself look stupid.

here i did the work for you. Here is my post a few weeks after the trx was released. unbiased review

Old 05-07-2004, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default 450r owners

Originally posted by: 440exhondasrock440ex
to you guys that own the 450r, were you at all dissapointed with the speed or power. before they came out they were sapose to have 55+hp and they only make 35hp. i was going to trade in my 400 for one but i dont see how it could be possible for the 450 to be faster than my 400 (be sure to look at my mods). i meen, just the pipe i have on my 400 give me the same hp as the 450 pluss i got a few more big hp mods. would i be dissapionted in the power.
I've never ridden a 440EX so I can't really compare the 450R to one. I will say that I've been very impressed with the power and handling of the 450R. Cost justification is easier for some than others depending on what they want. I had considered upgrading my 400ex to the 440 or 465, but I was still going to be out thousands of dollars (if I had a racing shop do the correct work). So the 450R with warranty made sense to me.

You really need to find someone with a modded 450r and give it a test ride. That will be the only real way for you to tell if it is worth it. Since everyone compares their quads to the YFZs. I've beat YFZs and I've been beaten by YFZs in drags. I probably get beat more often than I win, but I'm trying a few things and my win ratio appears to be getting better. Of course modded banshees will eat the YFZs and 450rs all day long if the banshee is built right. I just watched this at Lil Sahara in Oklahoma less than a month ago. Heck, if I wanted to toast my motor, spend $800 and win every drag, I could put some nos on my quad and nodbody except another quad with nos would touch it.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2004, 11:35 AM
Trailblazer
Default 450r owners

Like it was already said before the 450R is a complete package. Also the way the bike makes power is why it is a much faster bike. The tall first gear does give a false sence of speed.

The R has a stock 78 mph mathmatical top speed compared to a stock 67 mph mathmatical top speed. If you have different size tires/sprockets or a new cdi this will change your 440's top speed.

I raced a piped YFZ when I had just the HRC kit. I was beaten by around 3 bike lengths. The same senario next weekend after I installed the 13t front sprocket was not even a complete bike length. The last time my buddy and I rode we swapped bikes a couple of times and he is ready to ditch the YFZ for a R.

Quick Reply: 450r owners