Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda Jet Ski Top Speed

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Jet Ski Top Speed

80 is fast for ne 3-seater. we have a kawi stx 1100cc 2-stroke with fuel injection that will do about 53-54 mph. we have the same ski but a year newer and 4 stroke with no fuel injection that will do 60 mph. i know that the sherrifs on my lake have honda 2-seater 4-stroke turbos, and they r fast. i got pulled over by them while racing a sea doo and another kawi, i was doin 58 mph and they came up on me from behind real quick. i'd expect to see urs do about 60-65.

Old 06-03-2004, 08:32 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, they are the skis that are turbo'ed, and yes, they are fast. When you grab some throttle, if you're not holding on, it'll throw you off the back.

About top speed, though, i've heard that the yamaha's in a similar motor size will do 80mph. I also heard elsewhere that the honda's will do 80 mph. Considering the fact that they're three seaters, i don't think it'll have that much influence, because on the honda's, the 3 seater is only like five inches longer. But as always, any input is welcome. How can i get these things up to speed???

Old 06-03-2004, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CroBiker
80 is fast for ne 3-seater. we have a kawi stx 1100cc 2-stroke with fuel injection that will do about 53-54 mph. we have the same ski but a year newer and 4 stroke with no fuel injection that will do 60 mph. i know that the sherrifs on my lake have honda 2-seater 4-stroke turbos, and they r fast. i got pulled over by them while racing a sea doo and another kawi, i was doin 58 mph and they came up on me from behind real quick. i'd expect to see urs do about 60-65.

You have Sherrifs on your lake? Wow thats gotta suck. What do you get pulled over for? Speeding?

Old 06-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSengineer
That dealer is blowing some serious smoke up your tailpipe saying it will do 80MPH. Some will accelerate much faster than others but your not going to find a stock PWC that will go over 65MPH out of the box on a radar gun. Most top out in the lower 60's. The on board speedos are not very accurate and can be off by as much as 10MPH.

Motorcycle/ATV/PWC salesman are just as bad as car salesman. They will tell you whatever they think you want to hear to get a sale.
won't go over 65? I went 67 on a yamaha gp? 1200(it was a 2-seater) and it wasn't topped out yet. The owner said he got it to 72 one time.Our XL1200 (3-seater) will only go about 55.

Old 06-03-2004, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: HondaMan85
Yes, they are the skis that are turbo'ed, and yes, they are fast. When you grab some throttle, if you're not holding on, it'll throw you off the back.

About top speed, though, i've heard that the yamaha's in a similar motor size will do 80mph. I also heard elsewhere that the honda's will do 80 mph. Considering the fact that they're three seaters, i don't think it'll have that much influence, because on the honda's, the 3 seater is only like five inches longer. But as always, any input is welcome. How can i get these things up to speed???
NO stock ski will come close to 80! 65 tops. Go post this at a PWC forum and you will see what I am talking about. I have owned serveral PWC's and are very familiar with their capabilities. THere is nothing wrong with Honda You are just getting bad advice.

If you want to go faster look at replacing your prop with a higher pitch stainless (Skat-trak), high compression head, high flow flame arrestors, re-jet.

Old 06-03-2004, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: badcompanyracing
Originally posted by: DSengineer
That dealer is blowing some serious smoke up your tailpipe saying it will do 80MPH. Some will accelerate much faster than others but your not going to find a stock PWC that will go over 65MPH out of the box on a radar gun. Most top out in the lower 60's. The on board speedos are not very accurate and can be off by as much as 10MPH.

Motorcycle/ATV/PWC salesman are just as bad as car salesman. They will tell you whatever they think you want to hear to get a sale.
won't go over 65? I went 67 on a yamaha gp? 1200(it was a 2-seater) and it wasn't topped out yet. The owner said he got it to 72 one time.Our XL1200 (3-seater) will only go about 55.
67 on the speedo or radar gun? Stock or modded? Don't go by the on-board speedo. Water speedos are very inaccurate.

Old 06-03-2004, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

it was on the speedo. but everything i've read says ours should go 55 and it does so...i dunno.
the gp was stock

Old 06-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

Stock GP1200's run about 59-61 on the radar gun. They are not the fastest PWC on the water these days.

Old 06-04-2004, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

How fast do you want to go??
I have been jetsking since '79 and the fastest standup I had went 59 under radar. It was a very built 572 kawa with a ton of mods to the pump and driveline. My point is when you fall off at that speed it hurts! If you just want to go fast buy a boat that is built for that speed.
Just going in a fast line never turned me on. I like to jump around, do hard turns, and some tricks. Also sit down crafts have always been a little boring for me but that's not saying they are a bad thing at all. Just not for me.
If falling off at 59 hurts, can't wait to get off at 80mph[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2004, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

I own the same aquatrax (F-12X) Honda. Mine will do 61 with my 110lb. daughter and 56 with my 200lbs. on it according to the onboard speedo. I believe that the true speed is probably closer to low to mid 50's if it were radar'ed. The manf. have had a gentlemens agreement and kept the speeds below 65 untill recently.

Quick Reply: Honda Jet Ski Top Speed