Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Wider A-arms= Softer Landing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2000, 03:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm gonna install some Burgard +3 A-arms on thursday and im curious to see if they will cause my landings to be better/softer. Im figuring that i will get to stiffin up the front shocks since there will be more leverage to work with. Stiffing up the front shocks lets you jump further, right? Who knows?

Old 08-22-2000, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

with stock shocks your bike will sit higher now. And no it will not be softer Same compression.

Old 08-22-2000, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

Do you have +2 or 3 anything? You wasted a post and are grossly incorrect. Going to +2 on a 400ex, you will have to move the shocks from 4 to 5 and it will be a softer ride for normal riding. If you are a jumper of any sort, you will bottom out even easier with the +2s or +3s. You will jump less until purchasing new shocks. Tell the shock people that you have +3s along with your weight, etc.... Your quad will sit the same or lower with the +3s since there is more leverage on the shock now. Good luck.

Old 08-22-2000, 06:21 PM
Trailblazer

it says right there on my post that i have burgard +3 a-arms. An i am not atv retarded. I was just wondering if i needed to stiffin my shocks or not, and obviously i will have to since my shocks are gonna be more vunerable to bottoming out. Thanx anyway, try to be a pi$$ ant

Old 08-23-2000, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

I am sorry that you misinterpreted my post (reply). I should have said that it was a waste of a "reply", not a "post". I was refering to the other person who responded to you and was totally incorrect in his hypothesis since he has no clue. Your post was detailed and legitimate. Sorry again, wasn't directed at you.

Old 08-23-2000, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

Excuse me... Seems like i have experiance on my side... Dump poop... #1 I have +2 all theway around #2 The bike sits higher either on 5 or 1 #3 Compression is lost due to the increase in hight #4 Definatly get aftermarket shocks #5 It will be a rougher landing #6 stick your foot in your mouth and die of my dust making you HAK

Old 08-23-2000, 06:12 PM
Trailblazer

YES, with wider arms you will have more levargem thus causing the shocks to bottom out more. Set the shocks on the highest position and see if it bottoms out. If it does you will need to get some aftermarket shocks.

Trending Topics

Old 08-23-2000, 07:16 PM
Range Rover

Hey Banshee_16 where are those pictures taken on your website? It looks like a good place to ride...let me know I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

Old 08-23-2000, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

ct racing also said change those shocks you will always bottom out

Old 08-23-2000, 11:26 PM
Trailblazer

Most of them are at Sherman/Denison. That track has know changed. It was a nice quad track, but know it is more of a bike track. And they dont maintain it. The pictures at the bottom of the page are at Celeste. It is a nice smooth track. They are closed right know though. They are supposed to be making it a night racing track. There is a good quad track in Cash(other side of Greenville. There is anther good track in Texarkana it is a sandy loam type dirt.

Here is the web site for the Celeste track www.badlandsmx.com

for the Cash track
www.serve.com/tqra

That is the Texoma Quad Racing Association site, but they have directions to teh Cash or Greenville track on there.

Quick Reply: Wider A-arms= Softer Landing?