Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

shops tick me off!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2000, 12:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had this major incident with my 300ex about a month ago, i put it in the shop. i called the shop a while ago and they said they were almost done they were just waiting on the muffler( i didnt want the muffler replaced)and the handlebars, well i delt with it, but this morning i called them and told i wanted to pick it up on thursday whether it was done or not so they gave me this runaround that they werent done the welding yet and 2 or 3 other parts hadnt come in yet, well they are changing their story ,i dont apprieciate that and i think i will go and ask to see the bike.

Old 08-29-2000, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

Sound like you need to find a different dealer. I hate mine. The nearest other Honda dealer is about a hour and a half away. I'm gonna start doing ALL of my own maintanance.

Old 08-29-2000, 04:52 PM
Range Rover

Cartman,

I'm from Charletson, too. I buy all my parts from Haas Honda, Marietta, OH., & I have had service done at Devol's in Parkersburg. I've bought parts at the Honda dealer in Huntington & they seem eager to have your business. I know what you mean about our 'local' Honda dealer.

Old 08-29-2000, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

what was wrong with it??

Old 08-29-2000, 07:33 PM
Trailblazer

I hate my dealer too( Honda World SUCKS). Polaris dealers are WAY better to deal with....

Old 08-29-2000, 07:33 PM
Range Rover

I have figured out that it is cheaper to buy all the tools your self than pay a mechanic and it get done ten times as fast. U can order all the parts your self.
YOUo should meet all the atvers around your area they know alot. i am sure that can do just as mauch as any mechanic but they will show u how too

Old 08-29-2000, 07:50 PM
Trailblazer

As a general rule of thumb, most dealer shops suck a$$. They either do stuff half a$$ed or something to that nature. Heck, I bought my 400EX from the biggest Honda dealer in AR, and their service must be the crappiest. Its hard to find a good repair shop. Your best bet is to pick up a repair manual and do it your self, then if you have a problem with the way it was fixed, you'll have to take it up with your self. HAHA
later

Old 08-29-2000, 10:21 PM
Range Rover

I dont have very many problems with my dealer, but my dealer is a kawasaki dealer and he's the only one in the area. The only other dealer is 1 that is 30 min away, and that dealer is always busy. This means, I either do the work myself, or wait 6 to 8 weeks just to get my quad looked at. Then, the close place only has one mechanic and it takes forever to get things done. BUT the owner of the shop does give me a slight discount, and he will order parts for me without money down, so i usually just order the parts, and do my own work. By the way, i kno this isnt a kawasaki fourm but does anyone know where i can get a repair manual for a 2000 bayou 220A

Old 08-29-2000, 10:28 PM
Range Rover

I might suggest that Bill Cilliberti may have a differing opinion.

The truth is that that are good and bad dealers for all brands. Personally I feel that my Honda dealer is great.

Temp

Old 08-30-2000, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

Ok, well Monday I called my dealer to check the price of a new clutch cable and rear brake caliper for a 250r. They told me they had the clutch cable in stock for 18bucks, I figured better to pay 18 and get it right now than 12 and wait for it to get here. They told me 328 for the caliper which I expected to be high. I get there, they dont hvae the cable, they said well I dont know who told you that, we dont keep that kinda thing in stock. So I leave and call another dealer about 45 minutes away. They have the cable (3 of them) for 14 apeice and the brake caliper there is 122.65. So now my local dealer gets ZERO of my business cause thats just crap.

Quick Reply: shops tick me off!