Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Who cares...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2000, 12:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been reading some of the posts in this forum, and all I can say is wow! I think the “My dad can beat up your dad” mentality is a waste of time.

Who cares if you have a Polaris, Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda..etc.
Who cares if you can go 50+ mph on a utility type quad.
Who cares if you have disk brakes and not drum.(pull the brakes levers, if you stop, they work!)

I think we should all just ride and have fun. The only thing we should all worry about is the government stripping our rights to ride!

If you ride any type of ATV and properly maintain it, it should last a lifetime.

Just my thoughts, I use the forum for information not bashing…(then again, I sent this topic)

Have fun, and ride forever!!!

Schtick

Old 08-30-2000, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

amen.

Many of the posts on this forum turn into one gian t pissing match.

Old 08-30-2000, 02:15 PM
Range Rover

2nd that!

Old 08-30-2000, 02:35 PM
Range Rover

Right On, Schtick! Also, who cares what kind of truck you drive or SUV, SAV, whatever. And who cares if you have a Splitfire sparkplug, or a 4 barrel waterpump or whatever!!! I'm really impressed with these guys who list 2 paragraphs of mods to their bikes! They have (had) lots of money, but CAN THEY RIDE. Who cares about that either, unless they're in the same race with you!!

Old 08-30-2000, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

????

no matter how many times you preach it there is still going to be confrontations. My suggestion. Deal with it.

maybe the rider already mastered the power, suspension, or handling he had, and decided t upgrade it to become a better rider.

think before you speak.

Old 08-30-2000, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

i agree with you guys

and anthor thing i think its good to note the mods you have than maybe somebody wanting to do the same mod can ask that person that had it in there sig about it ,,,,

Old 08-30-2000, 05:32 PM
Trailblazer

Think before I speak?

No where did I mention anything about modifications or upgrades to one’s ATV. I also did not mention anything about confrontations.

My point was, “the mine is better than yours” discussions are a waste of time. People are giving their opinions, likes and dislikes on different subject matter , opinions can not be wrong, they are just that…opinions. (If I like red, and someone else likes blue, am I wrong for preferring red)

In response to your post, I would recommend comprehension before you responsd to a post.

Ride and ride often….

Schtick

Old 08-30-2000, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

schtick,
I think if the truth were known, you'd find that those who publish laundry lists of every little accessory known to man kind, most of which are not even modifications at all, are usually pubescent children who are having difficulty with their self-esteem. Bragging of their accomplishments, real or imagined, may give their egos a boost. This may be understandable if not appreciated, by the adults who read one line of a reply and see innumerable lines of irrelevance.

Old 08-30-2000, 09:06 PM
Trailblazer

I couldn't agree more with Schtick. I own a couple quads and visit this forum frequently, and the "mine's better than yours" attitude stinks! I also own a bassboat, and the fishing forums are the same way, They have the "mine's faster than yours!" attitude. Funny thing though, I never caught a fish, and never will at 70mph!!! The key here is to "have fun" and to do that as safe as possible. Jeff

Old 09-07-2000, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

I agree it is stupid and makes no sense to argue mute points. I have owned Yamaha, Honda and Polaris, liked them all. I ride with people who have every kind of machine and brand. People are brand loyal and that is cool keeps are companies up and running with repeat business. People buy machines for certain reasons , some want speed, some want to go through the mud, some want to hunt or take a casual ride. Some people want to plow or hual . Ride wheelies do donuts, jump I could go on and on. Brand loyalty is cool but pretty much telling someone they are stupid for buying the atv they choose is ignorant plain and simple. I can say one thing though I doubt that many people bash others people quads to there face as hard as they do in here.

Quick Reply: Who cares...