Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

400ex Top Speed W/Mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 400ex Top Speed W/Mods

Originally posted by: Vinson581
wow im 17 and dont act like a punk kid like you. you couldnt ever match chavos. look at the port work, i dont care if you have a 265 blaster, its all in the porting.

v581
hmm that sounds so familiar to my post hmm i dont know.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-24-2004, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YamahaAtvFreak
Originally posted by: YamahaBlaster200
and im 17, im a lil older than u powerranger
lol 17 and u gots a blaster, did u just start riding atvs or sumthing. Cause if u did thats fine. If not u gotta ditch that thang

Old 12-24-2004, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

would u guys ease up on the 17 yr old on a blaster, im 17 too, sumtimes people cant get things right then and there, they have a car to pay for, insurance, cell phone bills and so on...

Old 12-24-2004, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider

Actually, I have 3 400exs and they are what they are (virtually stock and full or reliability and fun). I didn't come on here boasting about having the fastest quad or even anything close. I was giving out information on how fast a virtually stock 400ex is. The only mod I have is an open airbox lid and some jets. I am sure I could play around with a batch of sprockets and come up with my fastest top speed. It was mentioned that you can mod a quad and not have a higher top speed. This is very true. Many changes will not increase your RPM thus will not increase your top speed...you might be quicker getting to top speed but it won't go any faster once you get there.

I am 40 and my offer to come to Michigan to take that Blaster stands. It would pay for my trip. The Blaster will run as stated though and I will pay to have a professional builder tear the engine down and put it back together if I lose. If it has been modified more than stated, I win and he pays the engine builder fee. He can pay to have my engine torn down if he wants should I win. My point is to try to get people from jumping forums talking out the wrong hole. I never said a Blaster couldn't be built to go faster than a virtually stock 400ex. I never even mentioned the word Blaster in my post.

Don't think for a minute that I can't afford to make this happen. Let me know if you want the opportunity to win a 400ex.

I have virtually stock quads because I enjoy the reliability and enjoy the challenge of riding stock against modded out quads. I used to be into off-roading. I had a $24K 98 Wrangler Sahara with another $45K in mods. By the time I was done, a 12 year could drive through virtually anything. It took most of the fun out of it. It got the point that if you didn't make an obstacle, it was going to cost you a pretty penny in repairs because it usually resulted in rolling it over. I think about getting back into it but with a totally stock Jeep. The thrill comes when you watch a modded Jeep not make an obstacle that you can maneuver totally stock.

How are you supposed to find out how fast you can go with different mods if nobody can post without some a-hole trying to put someone else down?

/Jon

Old 12-24-2004, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

Jon,

You are right. Im not a top speed guy myself- I just want quickness and power. If I have top speed, too, then well thats a side benefit. I need the power for the dunes and to haul me around on them.

When I was stock, I was around 63mph. The last time I checked I think I was around 70mph now with my mods. I am not boasting either. I dont care about top speed. Where I ride, I need hp and torque to get up the dune drags and dune trails.

A guy to put really tall gearing and make some good top speed, but the problem with that is it will take forever to get there, and then it would be useless everywhere else.

Old 12-24-2004, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

Its Christmas Eve fellas lets leave the Raindeer to beat his blaster and stay home with our Families and just watch Jackass the movie. J/k about the movie but the Raindeer part i did meant.

Old 12-24-2004, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

blah blah blah blah blah..........I haven't visted the forums in 4 months and I come back to the exact same stuff. Some lil feller says he can beat everyone with his blaster and everyone goes crazy. Just make the kid happy and agree with him that his blaster is faster than a 440ex, yfz450, 450R, a mig jet, etc... By the way, I think my 440ex does 72mph with the mods but thats just a guess.

Old 12-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 420EX
blah blah blah blah blah..........I haven't visted the forums in 4 months and I come back to the exact same stuff. Some lil feller says he can beat everyone with his blaster and everyone goes crazy. Just make the kid happy and agree with him that his blaster is faster than a 440ex, yfz450, 450R, a mig jet, etc... By the way, I think my 440ex does 72mph with the mods but thats just a guess.
What were you expecting hugs and kisses. Give me a break........

Old 12-24-2004, 10:40 PM
Range Rover

dont be a dick damn

Old 12-24-2004, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

What were you expecting hugs and kisses. Give me a break........
dont be a dick damn
Its always gonna be the same, 2 guys b*itchin sayin "my quads faster than urs", thats jus how it is. but what pisses me off is when people try to say that and they dont know what they r talkin about. people think jus adding engine mods will increase top speed. if you want top speed then u are wasting ur precious $$$ on things u dont need. when ever are u going to top out on a trail or mx track anyway? a drag strip then i see why u would want some top speed. but than u need to find ways to get to a higher top speed faster. a friend of mine was arguing with me that his blaster would beat my 125 mx bike because he had 6 gears. thats how ignorant people are. they dont know what the h*ll they r talking about. im gonna end this with a good note. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 400ex Top Speed W/Mods