Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Name that bumper...

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 12:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Name that bumper...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] hey guys i just recently bought a 89 250R...always wanted one. Ive been riding my 01 CR250 so im not up to date on quad stuff. can you help me with a couple things. in a article that was published on here i saw a nice looking 250R and really dug the bumper and noticed it had a carbon fiber skid? which was also "R"ad. Who makes both, the bumper and skid plate?

Picture of bumper/skid in question!

AND on another note... I have money for suspension, arms and a axle. I mainly ride sand and dont have any want to compete on the track. BUT still want good stuff thats not overkill in price and performance, basically the best bang for my buck. Inform me if you could, on what I should I get? What brand arm/shock w-rezzie combination and length (+2; +2 +1; etc)? I was told to go with a RPM axle - but with length?(good or bad?)

Old 12-24-2004, 01:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

okay i answered my own skid plate question, just need help with the other stuff! haha [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-24-2004, 03:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

Anyone want to help, what front bumper is this?

Picture of bumper in question!

Old 12-24-2004, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

I dont know for sure, but that looks a lot like an old Timmy Boy Designs bumper. They are now out of business, but some of the guys that worked at Timmy Boy are now at TBR Products. I went to thier website and didn't see that on there. Its also looks similar to a Duncan Racing bumper - but I dont think its one of those -

Old 12-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
I dont know for sure, but that looks a lot like an old Timmy Boy Designs bumper. They are now out of business, but some of the guys that worked at Timmy Boy are now at TBR Products. I went to thier website and didn't see that on there. Its also looks similar to a Duncan Racing bumper - but I dont think its one of those -
WELP, so far no smile on my face... I appreciate your efforts, anyone that can still help; I would appreciate it! I HATE all the bumpers ive seen so far... this is bar far the only one I liked. AND If it was discontinued i would be pretty upset of that being the case! hah.

Old 12-24-2004, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

Ihave you looked up PRM they make some good bumpers, real strong also.. I got hit head on with another 400ex, and it broke the upper tube and bent the flat plate on mine. The kid that hit me bent his lower a-arm so far back it cracked the other side of it, and smashed his front rim in so far it could not roll.

Old 12-24-2004, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

That pic he has with that bumper is sweet looking though. PRM's are nice, but that thing is way beyond nice. Personally, I want a bumper to break before it bends my frame. The one I have on my EX is strong and looks nice, but I know if I crash into someone, it will bend before the frame tweeks.

Most of the PRM products are like that too. In the DS forum, there was a guy in there cursing PRM because he had a Desert Grab bar that bent on his DS. He was dragging on the pavement, and the quad tipped back on the rear grab bar. He dragged it on the rear grab bar, on the pavement for about 30 yards before he stopped. Then he noticed the grab bar was bent. I told him that it was a lot cheaper than a sub-frame. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-24-2004, 07:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

haha, dang you guys crack me up... i dont care to have the strongest bumper known to mankind. Im the guy who gets it cause it could double as a place to pick up the quad and serve the basic function of a bumper... YET looks really nice compared to EVERYTHING i have seen up into this point of looking at pictures. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If i crash up something so hard I bend and break stuff i'll just replace those things. I dont race I just do this for a hobby and would rather my bike look good and yet serve the purpose its there for. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] you guys are cool though, i know you have your racing in mind so i hear where you're coming from.

Old 12-25-2004, 01:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

Have you seen a Duncan bumper yet? It looks almost like the pictured one. Keep this thread going, I think the owner of that quad is on this forum. If not there is an impersonator out there.

Old 12-25-2004, 05:44 AM
Pro Rider

Yea that bumper does look like the Duncan bumper. I was not just saying the PRM for strength, but it looks good too. I like that bumper on that bike, the bike is sweet also.

Quick Reply: Name that bumper...