Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

White Bros. E-Series questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White Bros. E-Series questions.

I'm goin to trade my R4 slip-on to a Friend for an E-series slip-on because the R4 is too loud.

Questions

How quiet can you make this pipe by removing disc?

How much quieter does the "quiet core" make it?

Where can I find parts for this pipe? I need a spacer, clamp, and longer bolt.

Also how much is it to replace the back pipe part of it? Like alot of the E-series pipes My buddys cracked so He had me re-weld it but I want a new one anyways. Where can I find one of these.

I Hope to find these parts with out going to the dealership because they charge too much for parts.

Old 01-09-2005, 12:10 AM
Range Rover

Im sure white brothers has a website. Why not email them or call them with your q's. Im sure theyd give u all the info u need. Or try and sucker you into buying a new pipe. LOL just kidding!

Old 01-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

Whitebros.com doesn't have any info I needed. I could email them. Thanks.

Old 01-09-2005, 12:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

Originally posted by: WheelieKing
I'm goin to trade my R4 slip-on to a Friend for an E-series slip-on because the R4 is too loud.

Questions

Also how much is it to replace the back pipe part of it? Like alot of the E-series pipes My buddys cracked so He had me re-weld it but I want a new one anyways. Where can I find one of these.
The E- series slip on is a piece of trash. If you have not swap call the deal off. if you need a quieter muffler, save your $ and get a good muffler. If you buy a new can that has not been welded, you will save 4-6 months. After that it will be welded again. They are not worth the price to drive them to the scrap yard.

Old 01-09-2005, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

Why do they break so easily? To be honest I still want to do this trade because the R4 pipe only cost me 60 dollars. What slip-on would you suggest?

Old 01-09-2005, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

On pic 9 in your page its looks like your running an E-series on your stroker? That one broke on you i'm assuming?

Old 01-09-2005, 01:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

i don't know why they break. I do have "two" of them. My wife and I bith have one each. The first one came about 6 months before the second. There is an extra support welded between the pipe and muffler on the second pipe, that the first one doesn't have. WB saw a problem, in that area, and tried to fix it. It slowed it down, but didn't fix it. The only reason I see they break, is they hit the ground before the grab bar/ sub-frame. If you wheely this is a big problem.

I can't suggest a good muffler, because I haven't yet upgraded. I have read that Sparks is the way to go. When I upgrde it will be a Sparks complete pipe/muffler. Can you buy a quiet core for the R-4?

Old 01-09-2005, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

YES. It does hit the ground before the subframe when you wheelie, I've noticed that when I ride wheelies w/ his. I don't know if there is a Quiet core available for the R4. On the back side of the canister is says that its spark-arrested, but its oviosly(sp?) not. I took off the springs and noticed that the pipe was Straight threw w/ no screen just the core and packing. I've always Found FMF pipes to keep decibel levels down, but I don't think i'm going to get one because my money isn't burning a whole in my pocket.

Old 01-09-2005, 01:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

What's on ebay for used, or new for that matter, mufflers for the 400? Maybe there's a deal.

Old 01-09-2005, 04:05 AM
Pro Rider

Get a HMF slip-on!!! They are soooo nice! Get a quietcore and it will be reasonably quiet.

Quick Reply: White Bros. E-Series questions.