Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

300ex pipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 300ex pipe

I found a DC chrome pipe and i was jsut wondering how that would work on my 300EX and it wouldn't rust or nothing would it and i ride one everything mud sand trails track and would i have to rejet if i got it please give me some info thanks. Also it is only $75.95 is that a good deal

Old 01-21-2005, 04:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 300ex pipe

I myself had the same questions about a white brothers exhaust system...Manufacture states jetting not required. Could not be more incorrect....You will need to first ride it to see how it peforms...Then pull the spark plug and make sure it is a nice sandy brown color. If so, then the carb. settings are ok. If black or gray then changes are needed. Black plug tip means mixture way to rich and gray/white, you are running way to lean. Usually replace pilot and main jet. If you go with the pipe and have to rejet, you might as well add the K&N airfilter and do it all at once correctly...Once you start changing items, re-jetting with each change might be needed....

Old 01-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 300ex pipe

To really see a good gain off any pipe on a 300ex, you may want to put a couple of holes in the lid, the only air inlet is those 2 little steel frame tubes in the bottom of the front of the box, if you free up the exhaust, you need to free up the intake or you won't see full gains. I put a 1" hole on the back of the lid, on either side of the lid ridge, and jetted up 2 sizes, and went up one size on the pilot jet. Hondas are very lean from the factory, and it was always hard to start cold, the pilot jet really helps with cold starting and low end throttle response. You may not need to go up 2 sizes, but one size at least, you can't open up the intake and exhaust without leaning out the motor. I went on ebay and got another used box and lid, so it the winter I can put a solid lid on to keep snow out of the filter, and cold air is denser, anyway, so it puts the jetting back to normal with no holes.

Old 01-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 300ex pipe

I agree with those modifications. I did not mention that on my quad I put a Curtis sparks vented airlid that they make for 300 and 400 ex. Curtis Sparks in CA specializes in parts for honda quads and ATCs....I also had them work over the rev limiter since the modifications pushed the powerband up and I hit the Rev limiter in gears 1-4 that I can remember....each modiciation requires another piece to be adjusted......