Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

yoshimura or white bros pplease help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 01:10 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yoshimura or white bros pplease help

what should i get for my stock 400ex yoshimura or white bros e-seris slip on+high rev rev limiter any one who has one on there stock 400ex please help me

Old 02-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

I dont have a 400..but I have both pipes.

On my Warrior the WB with K&N is all about low end...mild top and middle..

On the Preddy I havent torn open the airbox or even a rejet, but it has very little bottom and hard mid...some top end...that may change after filter and a rejet..but it cant be that much.

I like the sound of my WB over my Yoshi..JMO

Old 02-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

We have 2 400ex's. They both have E-series slip on mufflers. The mufflers perform well, but they are poor quality. i have had them welded a bunch of times. The have cracked where the pipe meets the muffler. The mounting brackets have fallen off. Almost anything that can break has.

I don't know about the Yoshi exhaust, but if you want quality don't get a WB E-series muffler.

Old 02-22-2005, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

I really like the White Bros. pipe. I won't garentee it won't break on you though. If you don't hit your grab bar alot when you wheelie than consider this pipe for sure. Thats really the only reason they break, because the pipe hits the ground before the grab bar. The E-series is also adjustable for power and noise output and looks really good (pics on page) The Yoshi pipe looks really good too. My buddy has a titanium full system on his Predator, and its really quiet. When I rode it, it felt just heatseeker said.. not much low end, nice midrange and signed off a little sooner than I would have liked on top. My other friend has a White Bros. Slip-on, on his predator and I havn't tryed it yet but when I ride it I'll tell you how it performs. Also the Yoshi pipe is expensive.

Old 02-22-2005, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

Also the Yoshi pipe is expensive
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not always true, I paid 250.00 from Rocky Mountain for my WB.

Paid the same off ebay for my Yoshi!

Old 02-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

Thats a little different, did you buy it new or used off ebay? Ebay prices are generally lower prices new or used. For example the Comp series silencer for the Pred on Rocky mountain is 270. The E-series slip-on for a Pred on Rocky Mountain is $215, I don't know about you but that 55 dollars is a lot to consider. The Exhaust you bought for your Warrior is the Pro Meg, Hondahero is considering the s-bend Silencer.

By the way, How is that Bull Gap area? I heard they are nice trails. Its a little further away from me than silver lake. Do you think its better?

Old 02-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Pro Rider

WB is suppose to be good but if they're crappy built then why bother. Yoshi seems exspensive for what you get. I have a Pro Circuit T4 and have no complaints what so ever. HMF is suppose to good. I would try a HMF if I was to do it again.

Old 02-24-2005, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

Get a HMF!!! I love mine more than my other friends pipes and they have,big gun,whitebros,yoshimura and procircuit. Hmf has a nice sound,great quality and great power. JMO

Old 02-24-2005, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

Oh and you should get it from sweetquads.com, great service and prices.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2005, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

Also HMF is the cheapest of the 3. LOL i'll stop posting[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] It's hard though because HMF is sooo good.

Quick Reply: yoshimura or white bros pplease help