Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Anyone use seafoam?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use seafoam?

i've got a 02 foreman es 4x4 and was wondering if i could run some seafoam through it? if not is there anything else i can run through there.

Old 04-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Why do you want to use the seafoam? Is it running poorly? My local marine dealer calls it mechanic in a can. I think it can be used in just about any motor. I use if before storing my mower and boat. Seems to be great stuff.

Old 04-03-2005, 12:30 AM
Trailblazer

naw just want to run some through it to clean everything out.

Old 04-03-2005, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

I've used Seafoam in some of my antique tractors. These engines are original and 50 or more years old. If you do what it says on the can and squirt it directly into the carb when the engine is idling and let it kill the engine, let it sit for about 15 minutes, when you go to start it you will see what it cleaned come out the exhaust. Lots of black crap comes out. Seems to do a good job. rooster

Old 04-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Range Rover

Seafoam is amazing. I have an old 1979 Artic Cat Kitty Kat snowmobile for my kids. It was always a pain to get started. The plug was always wet no matter what mixture you would use in the gas. I added a little Seafoam to the gas, Cleaned the plug with it, poured a little in the spark plug hole. Starts a lot easier, smokes for 5 seconds, then runs until my kids are frozen asking to go in. $5.00 a can, cheapest mechanic you will find.
I was at the auto parts store yesterday and see they also make a tranny additive. I wonder how it works?

Old 04-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Range Rover

Use it its good stuff............. I'm gonna run it through my 400EX......... At work we have a chain saw that ran like crap i started running seafoam in it and its never run so good even when it was new it ran like crap. I'm gonna start running this stuff every so often in the stuff at work as well as in my 400.

Old 04-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

So you can find it at any autoparts store like NAPA and Advanced Auto, and that is what it says on the can?
I would like to try that on my truck and fourwheeler.

Trending Topics

Old 04-04-2005, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can only give Sea-Foam the best rating there is. The stuff was origionally designed as a decarbonizer for outboard boat engines, but the stuff works miracles for a wide aray of fuel system problems. Not only will it knock down carbon build up on the piston and valves, it will also turn old gummy fuel build up into fuel, many times unclogging fuel jets etc... I rely on it when winterizing customer units, because it will keep fuel volitility up for way longer than Stabil will. When added to engine oil the stuff will work wonders, I had my doubts when I added it to the oil of my 1965 Allis Chalmers tractor with a shot 262 6cylinder in it. After adding it I pushed snow all weekend and it still smoked real bad. The tractor sat for 6 months after that. I started it to load on a trailer to move to my new house and noticed it didn't smoke. Still had my doubts until I used it all winter here to move snow and it didn't smoke. I think it loosend up stuck rings from years of non detergent oil being used in the engine.
I could go on and on about this stuff, but in a nutshell, don't be afraid to use it..... your doing yourself a favor when you do.

----- Gimpster -----

Old 04-12-2005, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

I bought a can of seafoam in the spraycan today is this the same thing that all of you are talking about putting it in oil and in the gas?

Old 04-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

I bought a spray can of seafoam, is this the same stuff that yall are talking about puting in oil and in the gas or is it something diffrent?

Sorry for double-post--dial up

Quick Reply: Anyone use seafoam?