Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Wildlife Encounters

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2000, 03:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here in North Western Arkansas, I see lots of armadilloes, rabbits, possums, deer, and skunks in the pastures and in the woods. I almost jumped on top of a skunk last night while I was ramping a nice set of terraces in the field. The 400EX never fails to amaze me.
Jacob

Old 09-30-2000, 09:40 PM
Trailblazer

Deer and squirrels for me. However it seems ironic that when I am riding a large loud machine I see deer but when I am quiet in a tree stand they are nowhere to be seen....go figure.

Old 10-02-2000, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

We normally see deer, coyotes, turkeys, and rabbits. Last summer my best friend and I were riding about 25 mph along the side of a field about 15 min before it got dark. I was following him and all of the sudden I see a brown flash dart out in front of his rancher!! He slides sideways and almost loses it! The stupid doe cuts about three flips lands in the field and then shoots back into the woods where I only missed her by about 6 in.!! Neither of us got hurt until we both fell off of our quads laughing at that stupid deer.

P.S. For all of you vegitarians, the doe was fine and hopped off through the woods no real worse for ware.

Old 10-04-2000, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Had a turkey out-run me this past Sunday. Took off after the thing thinking it would be easy to catch, but to my surprise the thing left me standing still, and he didnt even leave the ground!!!

Old 10-05-2000, 12:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

Went riding last weekend in the mountains. Saw moutain goats. We have seen Bighorn sheep in this same area but we did not see them this trip. Also came across mule deer and Eagles. Our ride starts at 4500 ft. elivation and we climb to 10,200 ft. and ride about 56 miles round trip.

Old 10-05-2000, 06:28 AM
Pro Rider

Cows, lots of stinky cows.

Hehe, we usually go to private owned land that you have to pay to ride at, one in particular had a heck of a lot of cows. They just happend to be near a section of jumps and wouldnt move, so my dirtbike friends tried to scare them away, the bull didnt like that to much. It was pretty funny to watch from my view. LMAO Ive never really seen a 125 and 250 go that fast!

Another accasion we were at Rocky Ridge in Decatur, me on my Blaster and my friend on his wolverine. We were headed to a hill to go down it into a creek bed, well I went down waited and he didnt come, wth? where is he? I went back up and saw him trying to chase down a turkey on his wolverine, it was a great laugh, he didnt even come close to catching it, in fact when the turkey cut to the right, hehe, he turned pretty sharp with it and (katump!) he went over, the turkey got away but he didnt get hurt, actually he was laughing his butt off.