Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450r and the yzf

I think the yzf but i like honda and yamaha to, so i think yzf

Old 04-21-2005, 12:52 AM
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

Call Cycle world, but be prepared to pay hefty dealer fees. They are selling em cheaper than the 450r. I bought my 450r at aHonda only dealer in Norfolk. Try the dealer in Elizabeth City, NC, Askew Cycles, they are the best on price and only 35 miles from my house. I really wasn't into the YFZ but Cycle World sells Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Suscuki. They didn't have any 450r's left when I called and when I went by there. They were taking orders. Oh, well there is always Sunrise Cycles in Norfolk, and Casey Cycle City, but they cater to Squids and charge fees out the yeng! I love my 450r, but it still doesn't have the kick of my ATC 250r's, they have killed YFZ's in a drag race, but maybe they were bad riders.

Old 04-21-2005, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default 450r and the yzf

well yesterday was another day and taken out the 450r's there were two where i ride and they wanted to drag and i said fine... as well a raptor 660r showed up as well and we dragged like 4 times in a row and evertime i came out on top they were trying, had a better launch but 3-4 gear i killed them it was like their quads were struggling. but yfz450 took them out "just another victim"

Old 04-21-2005, 03:09 AM
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

I want to make it clear that I have nothing against the trx. It is a good bike, and I'd take it over just about any bike out there today. I just like my yfz better. I agree with some of these other guys about both being dang good bikes. And the argument over who's faster is getting old too. I have never lost to a trx to date, so I feel like the yfz is faster. There are obviously a lot of people here who disagree with me though, and that's there deal. At the end of the day, who really cares. I go riding to have fun. I race for a few minutes each time I go. I jump, climb hills, ride trails, and just goof off the rest of the time. This whole hobby is all about having fun, and I have more fun on my yfz than I would on anything else. That's just me. To each his own.

Old 04-21-2005, 10:23 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 450r and the yzf

Originally posted by: vinny3299
well yesterday was another day and taken out the 450r's there were two where i ride and they wanted to drag and i said fine... as well a raptor 660r showed up as well and we dragged like 4 times in a row and evertime i came out on top they were trying, had a better launch but 3-4 gear i killed them it was like their quads were struggling. but yfz450 took them out "just another victim"
LMAO!!! Internet racer, LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2005, 12:04 PM
lbc
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

I have ridden the YFZ. It is awesome. The one we have has some after market stuff done, pipe, K&N, rev limiter, and the timing put back where it is suppose to be (not California emmission settings)! We ride sand and this bike pulls the front up through every gear without even trying!! Of course I only weigh 120 but.................my husband says it does the same with him on it. Now here is a tough one. I have a beautiful TRX250R completely overhauled. Ported polished, pipe you name it and set up for my weight with works triple rates. I am seriously considering selling it to get myself a YFZ and have it set up like the one we have now. So give me any oppinions. Would you all do this? It will be really hard to get rid of my 250R, but the YFZ is that GOOD! Also any thoughts on the 450R??? Anyone ridden both the YFZ and 450R and can truly compare it. Keep in mind we ride mostly sand.

Old 04-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Default 450r and the yzf

Well, 1st off, you just got into the middle of a p!ssing match so I would start your own thread this.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

2nd, can you afford to keep the R and get a 450? Since your husband has the YFZ, I would get a 450r just because I don't like having the same thing in the stable. Sounds like you guys like to mod so both bikes can be built for what you want. Stock 4 stock, the yfz hits a little harder and handles a little crisper. The R has smoother power and handles a little lighter.

Old 04-21-2005, 12:24 PM
lbc
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

Yeah I mean technically we could afford to keep my R. But then we would have 4 bikes. My husband also has a lonestar built 250R so......I don't know 4 bikes is a lot to maintain. Not to mention I could get a pretty penny for my R. What I really like about the YFZ is that it does hit hard. It ALMOST has the feel of a 2-stroke not quite but almost! Since I have never ridden the 450R I can't compare. Sounds like you have ridden both? I know it does seem kind of redundent to have two YFZ but I do like it and can get it set up for my weight. When I rode my husbands I kinda got beat up because the suspension was to hard for me....Oh the choices[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2005, 12:33 PM
lbc
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

I don't care who ya are the 250R is a beautiful looking bike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hmmm.....what did you say? You have been seeing it for the last 20years. That comment says it all! Just an oppinion. We also own a very beautiful YFZ450.

PS this in response to Scooter86

Old 04-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Default 450r and the yzf

Yeah I have ridden them. There is so much to chose from these days it is ridiculous, not to mention I ride dirtbikes and 3-wheelers too!

Anywho my best advice is get what would suit you purposes. Like me, a year ago I was deciding between the 2 450's when I started to think, I race dirtbikes not quads, I like to trail ride quads and find obstacles. So the more I thought about it the more I realized the 450's wouldn't be good for my main purposes so I got the Z400 and have no regrets. Plus I can still race it if I get the urge to race a quad.

If you like the 2-stroke hit, I would probably recommend the YFZ then. They both put out almost the same power, just differently.

Quick Reply: 450r and the yzf