Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Big Gun Over Rev 300ex

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Gun Over Rev 300ex

The the big gun "over rev" rev box a good product? It allows my bike to get 1750 RPMs over stock.

Does it tear up the engine?

Also what type ove gearing would go good with it?

What is a cam? wat is a good aggressive one and how much $ is it?

thanx,
Jake

Old 06-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Range Rover

or what about the white bros.

white bros.

Old 06-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Range Rover

a cam is a rod type thing that has ovals on it. it goes on top of the engine by the valves and is connected somehow to the crank and it spins. when it spins the metal ovals press down on a valve and let air and fuel into the combustion chamber(on top of piston) then it rotates more and closes the valve and when the piston is at the top an explostion happens. then it rotates more and opens the exhast valves. this cycle continuasly repeats. usualy 4 vavles per cyilinder/piston.

thats the best i can describe it

Old 06-16-2005, 06:14 PM
Range Rover

web cam

thers one type. havnt hurd much about that kind but they fit.

Old 06-16-2005, 11:00 PM
Range Rover

that very interesting thanx. but does anybody know how good the white bros. or bigun rev boxs are?

Old 06-16-2005, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

somebody slap rallyrider. The a cam has OFFSET ovals that push the valves up and down, usually connected to the crankshaft by a very precise chain drive system. What most "agressive" cams do is change the geomotry of the ovals to change the amount of time/distance that the valves open. Anything that causes your engine to run above the manufacturer rated rpm range scares me. I'd go for low end power and then gear up to put your low end axle torque back to stock, but give you more top end speed if you're into that. Good way to do that would be a white bros E series pipe. The cam is also a good idea. (you'll need some new valve return springs probably. try kibblewhite.) Weisco also makes a lovely 11:1 compression piston (all common bores) to kick up your original sloppy 8.9:1 or whatever the stock ratio is. Then you'll naturally wanna go for the intake. K&N all the way. Just my 2 cents. I'll throw another 25 cents out there and say you should really dig into your engine. ATV's are easy (opposed to cars) and its satisfying knowing you ripped the whole thing apart and juiced it up and now you can eat stock 400s for breakfast. By the way theres usually 2 valves per cylinder on small engines. (1 exhaust, 1 fuel/air)

Old 06-17-2005, 01:15 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: JimmyHoffa
somebody slap rallyrider. The a cam has OFFSET ovals that push the valves up and down, usually connected to the crankshaft by a very precise chain drive system. What most "agressive" cams do is change the geomotry of the ovals to change the amount of time/distance that the valves open. Anything that causes your engine to run above the manufacturer rated rpm range scares me. I'd go for low end power and then gear up to put your low end axle torque back to stock, but give you more top end speed if you're into that. Good way to do that would be a white bros E series pipe. The cam is also a good idea. (you'll need some new valve return springs probably. try kibblewhite.) Weisco also makes a lovely 11:1 compression piston (all common bores) to kick up your original sloppy 8.9:1 or whatever the stock ratio is. Then you'll naturally wanna go for the intake. K&N all the way. Just my 2 cents. I'll throw another 25 cents out there and say you should really dig into your engine. ATV's are easy (opposed to cars) and its satisfying knowing you ripped the whole thing apart and juiced it up and now you can eat stock 400s for breakfast. By the way theres usually 2 valves per cylinder on small engines. (1 exhaust, 1 fuel/air)
yah what he said. but give me a break im cumin from 2 strokes. but alot of small engines do use 4 valves. the 2 smaller valves can let in more air/fuel in at a time. also the valves are much smaller, and so the valve springs can be so much lighter & smaller. by this simple change, it allows the engine to rev to very high rpm's with great reliability. and as a benefit produce more power due to less inertia and friction. you probably know all about that
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 06-18-2005, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

whoops. never heard of smalln's with 4 valves, but it makes sense. as for the inertia friction thing, you might want to check on that. the faster parts move, the hotter they get. No magic in that. (my 250ex has 2 valves, so do 400ex's , and so to trialblazers (older years) If you find a quad with four valves post it. i wanna look at the parts diagram to see how they do the cam system (DOHC or a 4-banger SOHC)

Old 06-18-2005, 12:49 AM
Range Rover

lol some of that was copid and pasted from another site. they must be wrong

Old 06-18-2005, 08:46 AM
Pro Rider

the mojave is a 4 valve DOHC and its a 250...........

Quick Reply: Big Gun Over Rev 300ex