Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Superwinch ATV2000

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2000, 09:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think "Quadfather" simply likes to cause trouble in this forum. It is obvious, from many of his own statements, he is very immature.
I responded to one of his many Honda bashings a few days ago, and brought out several good points contradicting his attack. I never got a response. I have an '84 ATV that I bet is older than "QuadFather".

Jay
'90 TRX 300 4x4
'84 TRX 200

Old 10-16-2000, 09:50 PM
Range Rover

ArmyMan describes the procedure for rewinding the winch almost exactly as the winch manual does. I wonder if the people having so many winch spooling problems bothered to read the manual first.

Old 10-17-2000, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

I graduated high school, at the top of my class, I might add, in 1984. These posts are peoples opinions, usually based on facts or past experiences. I try to steer people in the right direction when they ask a question, and from my encounters with winches, if you look up "junk" in a dictionary, you will see a picture of a Superwinch.

Old 10-17-2000, 07:51 AM
Trailblazer

My riding buddy had bought a Superwinch; I bought a Warn, no reason except that's what the dealer sold and I'm simply no good at installations.

On our first verticle ascent, his quad was barely pulling over the boulders and up the hill, and he was cussin' like an Irishman who just ran out of beer.

But the Superwinch finally came through for him .. after he remembered to release his brake lever!

I don't let him forget it either <eg>.

Old 10-17-2000, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

Oh man, would I never let him forget that either. Wow, it's a wonder that not only is that Superwinch still working proprerly, but that any winch in that situation would.

BTW, I am working on my Ph.D, but that doesn't make me any type of expert on winches.

Old 10-17-2000, 03:35 PM
Range Rover

Ahhhhh yes, but more importantly did you graduate first in your high school class? That seems to be the determining factor with respect to proclaiming yourself a winch expert.

..Temp

Old 10-17-2000, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

/////////////////////////

THIS POST DELETED BY THE MODERATOR

TheQuadFather,

Argumentative posts designed solely to enflame passions and produce strife serve no useful purpose in furthering the sport of ATVing by the cooperative exchange of information.

You have put your posting PRIVILEGES at risk. Any such further disruptions will subject you to disciplinary sanctions up to and including complete TERMINATION of your posting privileges.

Three strikes and you're out. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

ATVBBS

/////////////////////////

Old 10-17-2000, 08:15 PM
Trailblazer

TheQuadfather please DO NOT respond to any of my posts. There will never be a question that I will need a response from you. If you respond to this statement, I will not reply. This is the only and last time I will address you.

To the rest of you, I thank you for your feedback. After thinking back there was a point where the quad I was pulling out lurched forward and shortly after there was a jerk and then it started pulling again. I would guess this is when the wire jumped the drum. From now on if I encounter anything but a smooth steady pull I will be stopping and taking a look. Live and learn.

PS. I hope I do not come across as a jerk but I do not come to this forum to waist time reading "mine is better than yours". Everyone has a right to express his or her opinion. But, when responding to a question or comment your response should address the question or comment. I did not ask if the winch I bought was garbage.

Old 10-18-2000, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

Imagine, three dissatisfied Superwinch customers, jettisoning their despised equipment!

We're talking around $ 500-$ 600 worth of machinery, maybe even more.

I expect this act was performed simultaneously; maybe in some kind of ceremony (like a "Black Mass"); maybe at midnight on Friday the 13th by the light of the moon.

I've heard tales of frustrated guys, maybe throwing away their rods and reels--maybe even more rarely, of giving their balky outboard motors the old heave-ho--however, this is MY first exposure to an account of THREE guys disposing of their expensive gear the same way.

I'd like the location of the landfill where they dumped their Superwinches; at least, I could salvage the cables, hooks, and hardware (nuts and bolts).

Diogenes

(BTW: Even if I'd been a lone student, "home-schooled," I'd have been nowhere NEAR the top of MY graduating class!)

Old 10-18-2000, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

Diogenes,

Great name, wish I would have thought of it myself. But, since I didn't I simply say, Great name.

Quick Reply: Superwinch ATV2000