Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

got money to spend what should i buy,???

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got money to spend what should i buy,???

i got 700 bucks to spend on my honda 450r it has a hmf sport series exhaust but other than that it is bone stock,,What do yall think would be the best stuff to buy for my 450r , i kind of have in mind that i really want to start drag racing it at the local dunes so any info would be great

Old 07-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Range Rover

wish i had 700 bucks to spend on mine. how is that exhaust? is it loud? anyway. hmmm. well i bought mine used and it already had a HRC kit in it. so its kind of hard to recomend it becasue i dont know how a stock 450R is. but the guy said it makes a pretty big difference, alot more top end. (he says it goes 90mph) i dont really believe that becasue the stock 450R does about 78. (according to DirtWheels mag.) probably does about 82 now.... i just got it a few days ago so.. i havent really got it that fast yet, im still trying to get used to it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

maybe a K&N airfilter would be a good option... i hate using stock airfilters, K&N is awesome. (you have one on your warrior so you should know what i mean)

if your into dragracing... is that on sand? if it is get some new tires.
Nerf bars are always a good upgrade. they look cool too.
get some new handle bars. Tag, or Renthal. just get what ever you think you will like.

Old 07-12-2005, 11:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

lol thanks for telling me about the warrior i noticed i had to update my profile anyways,,,about the hmf pipe its sounds good not to loud not to quite and i could tell a difference when i put it on,,,now about the hrc kit what all is in the kit and where can u get them and how much do they cost>>??

Old 07-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Range Rover

all i know is.. its about $200-300 depends on where you get it (i honestly dont know. thats just what i heard from what other people) comes with a new cam, airbox lid, exhaust end cap, ( you allready have a aftermarket exhaust so you wont need that) a new intake snorkel, and jet kit. i think thats what comes in the kit. gives you a 13% HP increase. it gives alot more topend power. it shows a graph in the manual and it shows that the peak hp is at a higher RPM then stock. thats about it. not much lowend..but alot of high end.

Old 07-14-2005, 01:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

I just put about 500 into my engine. Drop in piston, with higher compression and a Hot cam stage 2. Back that up with a big gun rev box and you have a faster quad with enough of the $700 to get a tank of gas.