Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

whats up with this??

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 11:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats up with this??

Has anyone else had the same thing happen to them? just wondering if this was a problem other people have had.

a friend of mine used to have a 2003 300ex and one day we decided to change the oil and filter since it was about a year since he bought it so we took out the oil filter put the new one in and while tightening the 3 bolts for the cover with a 1/4 inch drive ratchet one of the bolts just snapped out of nowhere, it was just beginning to fell tight and it snapped. so we got the peice out and got a new bolt and it was all set.

Now about a 2 months ago he sold that and bout a 1999 400ex and yesterday we changed the oil filter, oil, and air filter and when putting the cover on for the oil filter that same thing happened!!! ONce again 1/4 inch drive ratchet and wasn't even tight yet.

Old 07-23-2005, 03:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Happend to me but i tightend it pritty hard

Old 07-23-2005, 04:22 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Those 3 bolts are right above hand tightening and the large rubber o ring seals in place with little torque applied so if much force is applied to the bolt head, it will twist off.

I might be wrong on this but I think its only only about 10 foots pounds of torque for the filter cover bolts.

Old 07-23-2005, 10:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider

yea, my friend just doesnt realize how hard he is tightening stuff. he thinks hes all tuff, so of course it will break when hes using all his strength to tighten a 1/4 inch bolt.

Old 07-23-2005, 10:46 AM
Elite Pro Rider

and one day i was about to bea that kids azz and kick him out of our track because my sister got a new quad a couplle days ago, an 87 lt 50, and shes five and she cant even ride a bike and shes riding a quad. and anyway, she was saying hiow she was gonna race us, i dont thinks he would hit the 40 ft table top or 35 ft doulble, so i told neal to race her and let her win, so she would be happy, and he said " no, thats pathetic, why would i lose to a five eyar old, im never gonna lose to a five year old. that just p*ssed me off pretty good.

and then, later that day, my sister was riding in the big horse riding ring cuz my mom wont let her go out in the back for a litle, and she was getting the hang of riding pretty good, and neal raced her on his bike and she was winning for two laps and finally at the third lap, 3rd turn he cut of almost half of the ring ti pass her, and he came right in front of her and she was right up against the fence, so she turnder away to not hit him and slammed the fence with her qwuad. and then, whta do you think neal did. help her, nope, he kepped racing the last lap so he could win, my sister was crying and had dirt in her face and mouth. she hates neal now. im so sick of that kid, just thinking about him and that i wanna never die with him again.

Old 07-24-2005, 10:51 AM
JSP
Trailblazer

????????????????????????????????????????

Old 07-24-2005, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

uved died with him before? and if he was actually trying to beat her, hes pathetic

Trending Topics

Old 07-24-2005, 04:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

oops typo, i think i meant ride.lol. that didnt sound right. lol.

Old 07-24-2005, 04:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider

yes, he wouldnt let her win just so she could have fun and she ended up crashing and crying.