Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help!!!!!!!

Hi i have a 1988 250x that is really modded out like everything you can do to it !!! i uppered my compression and everything i think not its like 11-1/2:1 or something like that all i know is i have the option to run race gas and so forth well i have been having some problems with a ticking sound in the engine! its only started resently like 2 weeks ago what could this be??? it sounds like my valves need to be ajusted but there fine iv checked them everything is great when i start off in 1st gear and so on the harder i give it gas the louder it gets!! i have no idea what this is could it be my gas possibly? i have just ran the cheep gas in it for the first time ever i usually go for the super with the octain boost and it never made the sound!! or could i have my jets wrong?? to lean or to rich?????

i took the engine apart like 2 days ago to put a new head gasket on it b/c the other one i got was the wrong one well the noise started b/f i took it apart and is still making it now there is hardly any carbon on the piston everything looks great a new timing chain the works for this bike im stumped please help anything would be greatly appriciated

Old 07-30-2005, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help!!!!!!!

Try running the high octain again.