Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

paddles for 310r

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2000, 02:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've got a ct310r with mid national poting and mid pipe. i'm going to ride at little sahara in OK and need help choosing the right paddles.anyone else with this combo that rides there?

Old 10-17-2000, 03:09 PM
Trailblazer

i ride over there quite a lot, and i have a
250r, also...i have dune trackers in front,
and skate II's behind...if you are not going to be in the sand a lot, though, just use your stock tires in front and get some paddles for the rear..
i did that at first, and it really did ok..
have fun, and let me know when youre going!

Old 10-17-2000, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

The SandSkat II's are an excellent choice for your machine.

The Little Sahara is a little far for me to go on a weekend trip. I'm gonna have to plan at least a week for it sometime.

Have a great time!

Old 10-17-2000, 07:03 PM
Range Rover

I have a '89 lrd 310R and ride the Oregon dunes.
I run skat trak 20x10x10 8 paddle haulers and hook up very well (14 39 gearing).stock front tires.good luck!!

Old 10-18-2000, 12:17 AM
Trailblazer

thanks for your help guys. can anyone compare sand skates to a straight paddle. do you lose more turning control with a straight paddle and stock fronts, or lose more traction with v-paddles. which is the best comprimise?

Old 10-18-2000, 03:59 AM
Range Rover

I really didn's feel a difference in the sand between the v-blade and the straight blade. In the sand to turn all you have to do is turn and gas it and you'll be pointed in the direction you want to go. I really don't have a preference but I guess the Haulers are a bit cheaper. I have heard ITP has a hot setup with front and rears.

Old 10-20-2000, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

The V paddles were made to make turning easier and they are a less aggressive on hills. I've seen some people run straight-cuts and have them actually lug-down a motor on a hill, but they weren't running enough power to spin them. I run Holeshots up front, everywhere. I've never had the razorbacks but have been told by a few friends that they really help. In my group, my brother is the only one using straight-cuts and he has no trouble turning at all, but he's used to them. Just don't get any tires with more than 8 paddles.

Old 10-21-2000, 12:39 AM
Range Rover

I can't speak for the sand at your dune area but at oregon the haulers are much faster and better climbers than the v-type paddles.You will barely notice the differance in turning once your use to them. your 310 should have enough power to break them loose in corners and trails,also you will notice how well you can wheelie due to the superior traction. you won't be sorry about buying haulers !!!! I just bought a set for my Raptor from Rocky Mt. ATV and they were $220.00 w/shipping. Wish I would have gotten skates for the raptor tho, the damn thing can't break loose the haulers (another story).

Old 10-21-2000, 11:37 AM
Trailblazer

hey, raptor ron it seems we have alot of simaliar toys. i have a ct310r, a motofast banshee, and a blue but stock raptor.i'll probably sell the banshee (as soon as i can talk my wife into selling it). I would like to buy a set of paddles to run on the banshee and the raptor, and am curious about your or anyone elses veiws on raptors and paddles. also i'm totally amasied at how yamaha has out done themselves on designing an airfilter system worse than the banshee's. what's supposed to keep the filter sock sealed to the front of the cage? plus there was no filter oil on the filter either, but that's another story!

Old 10-21-2000, 11:57 PM
Range Rover

xcbanshee
Raptor paddle recomendations in a honda forum, sounds like we may be in for some abuse (tho my 310R is still my favorite HANDS DOWN !!).
Raptor paddles-O.K. here goes-(stock) I would recomend GBC sand sharks (skate II knock offs) Rocky mt. ATV has em cheap. I'm runin haulers and can't break them loose.Haulers may be fine once they figure out how to tune the raptor motor and gearing for sand. Guess we should have gone to the Yamaha side for this huh !!