Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

86' 200sx Pimpable???

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 86' 200sx Pimpable???

I got this quad prolly like a month or so ago and it runs good but could look a little better

Body:Rear Plastic is Maier but good,Front is riveted,mudflaps:missing back, but i found some for 53 dollars on denniskirk,Seat is good
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...Id=&leafCatId=
rear mudflaps link(not in stock tho)^^^^^^^
Motor-semms to be ok
Exaust-Original-could use a loud *** one
Tires-were perfect but from me riding on the road are now starting to ware!
I only have a pencam digicamera but ill try to take some pictures!ok
pics as we speak

Old 08-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

My friend wore out the front sprocket on his so it now has a smaller front sprocket. I sold him my 25" Mudbuster tires and he has them on his 200sx. However, he barely drives it as he has a 400ex.

Old 08-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Old 08-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: jed250
My friend wore out the front sprocket on his so it now has a smaller front sprocket. I sold him my 25" Mudbuster tires and he has them on his 200sx. However, he barely drives it as he has a 400ex.
ohh cool do u got anypictures? i uploaded a few of mine i just took! lol check em out

Old 08-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

Whoa fix that last post lol.

As much as I enjoy the 200sx, I do have some problems with it. I will list them:

1.The 200cc is underpowered. For the engine size and the weight of this bike, it should be able to pull harder. My '86 Fourtrax 250 is a lot heavier than the 200sx and it pulls harder. On flats, the bikes are beside each other but when you get to a hill, the 200sx will have to shift down and the 250 fourtrax will keep pulling. My friend and I were climbing a hill and we were both in third but he had to shift to 2nd.

...But, the engine is still powerful enough to provide you with enough fun. Take off in 1st gear and when you pop it into 2nd, the front end comes right up.

2.The bike is too small. Not exactly the size, it's more like the positioning of the wheels. It is not wide enough and has a sort of tippy feel to it.

That's actually all the complaints I have with this bike. It is quite sad how Honda did not manufacture them for a long time. With it's small powerplant, it still is a lot of fun. Would I take it over the 300ex? Probably not. But if someone gave me one I would definately take it.

Old 08-07-2005, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cragster711
ohh cool do u got anypictures? i uploaded a few of mine i just took! lol check em out

I have some pics (or maybe only one) of my friend and I covered in mud. Unfortunately his bike is barely driven now. Like I said earlier, he has a 400ex as well. He started out with a 200sx, then got a Warrior (his 2nd bike), traded his Warrior in for the 400ex and loves it!

Old 08-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah well its enif for me really it keeps up with the neighbors 250 recons almost
and cool if u got the pics u can post them so does anyone have anyideas acoording to my pics about what dto do it?also i might add that my dad is a professional car painter!!!lol that would be cool

Old 08-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

Man it's awesome! It's the same exact machine my friend has.

Anyways, I'd like to say that you are lucky that your bike has a chain and sprockets. You can change your gearing for a mere $15.00. The Recon 250 would probably beat my 250 because it makes more horsepower through it's newer and more efficient engine. However, you can change your gearing to beat it. If you plan on dragging (or you want more top speed), I'd recommend getting a bigger front sprocket. You will lose a bit of acceleration but your top speed will increase. I'd recommend getting an aftermarket sprocket. Some sprockets will be lighter (but more expensive) and it will be easier for the engine to get the power to the wheels. Weight in the driveline can affect performance more than weight sitting on the seat. A 2 pound sprocket will help you accelerate a lot easier than a 3 pound sprocket.

Old 08-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Man it's awesome! It's the same exact machine my friend has.

Anyways, I'd like to say that you are lucky that your bike has a chain and sprockets. You can change your gearing for a mere $15.00. The Recon 250 would probably beat my 250 because it makes more horsepower through it's newer and more efficient engine. However, you can change your gearing to beat it. If you plan on dragging (or you want more top speed), I'd recommend getting a bigger front sprocket. You will lose a bit of acceleration but your top speed will increase. I'd recommend getting an aftermarket sprocket. Some sprockets will be lighter (but more expensive) and it will be easier for the engine to get the power to the wheels. Weight in the driveline can affect performance more than weight sitting on the seat. A 2 pound sprocket will help you accelerate a lot easier than a 3 pound sprocket.
Ohh I see.. yeah but its ok how it is maybe sometime i might fine tne the gears and stuffi wonder if where the body is cracked maybe bonda,sanded and spray painted would work prolly just make it look like **** tho ya know well thats cool its the same as ur friends also where u live im in OHIO EVeRYONE so if anyone is in ohio and has the front fender for sale cheap hit me up on here ok? also did u like ur friends one and what did it look like with rear mud flaps?

Old 08-07-2005, 06:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Also is there any Jet kits for these and if there was,how good did it help

If i had some money(or maybe a job lol)i would buy this nice chrome cobra pipe i seen on denniskirk.com

But before i do that i think i will buy new front fender,mudflap-rear,then possible jet kit,cobra exaugst.....any other things u guys think i should post ur comments

also any cheap adjustments that help alot post anything (especially cheap ones ok)

later
craig

Quick Reply: 86' 200sx Pimpable???