Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rubicon Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon Issues

Sunday I was at a freinds house and I drove his 2002 Rubicon which is identical to mine except for the tires and rims anyways when make a right turn it feels like you are going to literally fall off the 4 wheeler only when u are making a right turn its fine when making a left turn

When his kids invite there freinds over he lets them on his 4 wheelers and some of them are very rough on them so I think thats to blame for thing when u make a right turn with it

BUT what on earth is causeing it to feel like that?

I had a bike along time ago that had bent handle bars and it feels the same way with Rubi does when u made a turn

But The handle bars look fine on the Rubicon

Any guesses on what it is?

Old 08-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rubicon Issues

Not sure........I know I feel more comfortable making a turn in one direction verses another but I'm sure it’s because I'm right handed.
I Have a Rubicon too and never felt like I was going to fall off.......Was this at slow speeds too?
Hey ATVTech can you help?

Old 08-08-2005, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rubicon Issues

Is the "A" arm bent? That would be my possible guess? Depending on how it could be causing the problem when it is going through its range of travel.

Old 08-08-2005, 08:56 PM
Range Rover
Default Rubicon Issues

You cant feel anything when putting around but when u speed up you really feel it it scares me to turn it above like 10mph

Old 08-08-2005, 09:02 PM
Range Rover
Default Rubicon Issues

I cant remember just right but I do remember if u let go of the handle bars it would turn by itself like only to the right or the left i dont remember which way

Old 08-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rubicon Issues

Check the frame, A Arms and mounting points - sure sounds like a bend or a snapped mounting point that shifts under pressure.
Check the left VS Right or if you have another machine avail. match them up for the best compairson.
Good luck

Old 08-09-2005, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rubicon Issues

If its worse one way then the other either the wheel alighnment is out so much you'd see it from an airplane, or something in the suspension is bent, in which case the alignment will still be out a mile...maybe 2.

Old 08-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Range Rover
Default Rubicon Issues

Alingment looks fine on it that was the first thing I checked out

I also have a 02 Rubicon and you can def. tell something it wrong with my freinds Rubicon

Umm forgot to mention this but his daughter hit a tree with it awile back and pushed the right side bumper in which pushed the rack back and ended up cracking the fender down on the left side of the under 16 sticker and its also moved all of the front plastic cause you can only see 3\4 of the gas gauge

quiet possible the a arm got bent I highly doubt it twisted the frame

Old 08-09-2005, 11:23 AM
Range Rover
Default Rubicon Issues

Sounds to me like he has lower air pressure in the left front tire. This would cause the atv to feel real tippy when turning right. Have him check the air pressure in all of his tires and see if any are lower than others.

Good luck!

Old 08-09-2005, 11:48 AM
Range Rover
Default Rubicon Issues

He said its been doing it for quite awile I cant beleive it would be the air pressure but I dont know I'll ask him if he has tried that

Quick Reply: Rubicon Issues