Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Wonder what the poor slobs in the city did this past weekend ..

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2000, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Other than losing our ground, how was the meeting? I couldn't attend but have been trying to get people to join/support an organization like the ASA or CORVA and talking myself blue, posting things all over the net, etc. I've been going to Glamis since the late '60's and now I can't go because of some plant that I won't even recognize. It isn't like it's Blue Aguvae (tequila) or something else important!

Old 10-24-2000, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

Rode with my riding buddy saturday. Both broke our machines. Got them repaired saturday night. Rode sunday. Got stuck. Had fun. Lots of fun. Oh...the sun shone all weekend.

Old 10-25-2000, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

trapperb1-The meeting itself went very well. The new Calif. BLM head was there, and seemed fairly sympathetic. Although it's hard to immagine the Clinton administration putting someone in that job who isn't a greenie!!! This guy has been in BLM for 25 yrs., so it's hard to picture him as a Clinton administration insider. I am cautiously optomistic about this guy.

Many of the committee members seemed at least to be open minded about the issues. The greenie guy got up and left after the first hour. They said they all got sick from dinner the night before, so I suppose that's the story he's telling his friends.

The BIG issue is that the BLM didn't even BOTHER to fight the lawsuit. They rolled over and played dead-but what else did we expect from this administration. I expected a few islands of plants to be fenced off, like they do at Pismo, but no, they are closing the whole center of Glamis. There were no public comments in favor of the closure.

Old 10-25-2000, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

Of course, the original post was wondering what all the poor slobs (who don't own ATV's) did while basking in the fun that he had.
But, since everyone else did it, my wife and I left the teenagers at home, and spent Saturday riding in Wayne National Forest Dorr Run loop). Sunday,, we spent part of that cleaning the bikes, and (literally) putting around the yard.

Old 10-25-2000, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

Put 90 mi. on my dealership's 99'XR250R,friday night and saturday.Then I strapped my cousin on my 250R , headed to Nesco's hopped on our demo Raptor and proceded to have a most fulfilling sunday.This is the life!

88'250R stock frame and transmission the rest is aftermarket

Old 10-25-2000, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

YZGUY,

Thanks for the insight. Let's not give up.

It does seem that for the first time that I can ever remember, we off-roaders are showing a united front. That and money is what it will take to prevail.

Old 10-25-2000, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

I saw Pearl Jam in Vegas. Best money I've EVER spent in my life..it rained/snowed while I was out of town so that means some good mud. Pearl Jam is indeed the best band I've ever had the pleasure to see live.

Old 10-26-2000, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

This upcoming weekend i am one poor slob who wants to ride hard, see ya there Chrisco! Dude, tonights World Series game was soo tense i almost shot myself, What a GAME! 1 more for the Yanks and its over!!

Old 10-26-2000, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

pEARL jAm.Man I dont think they had one good album after TEN.Im going too see Type O Negative at Toads place on Friday.Now theres a band that has an awsome sound.A must see.Then im looking forward to a long weeking of QUADING!!!!!!!Whehhhhhhhhhoooo Life is Good!!!!

Old 10-26-2000, 09:18 AM
Pro Rider

Type O Negative??? Man I'm Old. And I'm only 28. How does this happen?

Quick Reply: Wonder what the poor slobs in the city did this past weekend ..