Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

guys I need help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 05:42 PM
TWO
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default guys I need help!!!!

Ok I bought the 450R[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] very nice bike so I started in on it.Put on the Yoshi full exaust system and a K&N filter within 2 days after bringin it home.a week later the Hrc kit arrived....LOVED IT couldnt ask for a eaiser install and the power gains were very nice.Well worth the money. Now here is where things get weird ordered the 13.1 compression piston and guess what........DUD my bike hasnt ran right since.I have done everything I know to do.I have had the carb off a hundred times playing with the jetting.Ordered a dyno jet kit and to my dismay what I thought would fix it they do away with. See the bike is a beast on the top end and mid range but sputters horriable when you hammer the throttle from low rpms [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] sounds like a pilot jet problem right? then why did dyno jet give me a block off for the pilot jet?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Do any of you have any idea what the problem is? I have tried main jets from 180 to 195 and nothing changes except the sputter going from low rpm's to high rpm's.SO im at a loss anything I can do short of buying a new carb. gona fix this?any help would be awsome.
Thanks guys,
Steve

Old 09-28-2005, 05:49 PM
Trailblazer

I am gonna thow this out there be it or not, sounds like you may need to be running higher octance gas with that 13:1 piston, i have heard that the highest ratio you can go on 92 pump octane is 11:1 anything else you should be bumbing up the octane levels, but i dunno dont quote me on it. Good luck

Wreckless

Old 09-28-2005, 05:58 PM
TWO
Weekend Warrior

Well see I failed to mention that. I have heard the dame thing thing so tried the turbo blue.....same thing. Like I said IM at a loss.good lookin out.

thanks for the tip though,
Steve