Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

should i get 2wd foreman or 2wd rancher?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 10:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i get 2wd foreman or 2wd rancher?

hey farmking,i notice you are also in illinois...how far south are ya?there are countless miles of xcellent trails literally outside my backdoor.if you ever get down in southern illinois holler and i will give you a guided tour.

Old 11-28-2005, 01:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Get the 4x4. There is NO future with 2 wheel drive utilities.

Old 11-29-2005, 12:23 PM
Trailblazer

How about going with the Rancher 4X4. It's only about $250 more than the Foreman 500 and still under $4,000.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

kingdiamond, I might have to take you up on that offer. My son and i always take a trip in the summer to go riding, been to the bad lands in indiana and to st joe state park in missouri, been looking for some new territory to explore. I am from the central part of the state by peoria. How many miles of trails are down there? Sounds like the amount of miles you put on a quad in a year that the extended warranty would be worth it for you.

Old 12-01-2005, 09:24 PM
Trailblazer

well,i ended up getting a 2005 eiger 400 4x4 manual shift . $ 3750.00 otd ..real nice so far.i picked it up this morning only $50 more and i have a nice 4x4. the dealer told me he was losing money on the deal..real nice bunch of people at unique powersports in sullivan mo. one nice feature is it is pre wired for a winch.rides like a caddy.can't wait to break it in..............yeeee haaaaaaw!! p.s. hey farm king,theres lots of good riding down here..ask ftwflh on the polaris board. he brought his atv's and teenage son down here and me and my boy took them around. lots of good fishing and hunting too

Old 12-02-2005, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

kingdiamond, you picked a good quad, about every shootout i have read the eiger 400 finished near the top of its class. You will be glad you got the 4x4 too. Good luck and have fun on the new eiger.

Old 12-15-2005, 06:53 PM
Trailblazer

Kingdiamond - you guys aren't the ones who destroyed the Lake Glendale area in the Shawnee National Forest are you? I heard alot of people complain about the ATV damage and some were trying to get involved with the forest service for enforcement but I didn't believe how bad it was until I went there for some trail work one day. Several of us busted our asses for 4 hours straight before we realized that the others were right and that our efforts were in vain - at least half of the place was literally totally destroyed. A waterfall had been blocked off and rerouted due to the top of it being turned into a mud bog, 12" wide dry trails were now 20' wide totally muddy trails with at least 3 ATV tracks going through it and nothing except for an ATV could go through, documented historical areas where people back in the 1800's lived was totally desecrated, every minor creek/ditch crossing was made several times wider than what it originally was, the campground host is all ticked off becaus ATV's are coming VERY close to the campers in the middle of the night and supposedly knocking down a bunch of small trees and waking people up, every hiking trail was so muddy that there's no way that hikers would want to use it, it was just insane, totally disrespectful. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against ATV's, just against ATV riders or ANY OTHER TRAIL USERS who ruin trails for all other users except for themselves. It's very selfish. There are good people trying to maintain the trails and keep that place accessible and it's just really aggravating to say the least when illegal users not just totally destroy that work but make it so that nobody else can enjoy the resources. I'm not exaggerating either, 8 out of 12 miles worth of trail was this way out there, and that was nearly a year ago, I was so heart broken that I haven't been back, there's no telling how bad it is now. Anyway, I just stumbled across this because I was searching google due to thinking about buying a 2wd rancher for yard work, Turkey Bay, and that ATV track in southern Illinois near Harrisburg.

Just so everybody else is aware, riding ATV's in Shawnee is in fact ILLEGAL, probably due to stuff like this. I have no problem with there being an area like Turkey Bay specifically for ATV's or even if responsible riders get on existing trails without damaging anything, but destroying trails for everybody else is just wrong.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:02 PM
Trailblazer

well,that is a vile way to introduce yourself.asking me to admit to a felony and hijacking this thread to get stupid point of view across..i ride all over pope ,hardin, saline,massac counties.some of the trails i ride may intersect with trails that run on national forest land.you should get your facts straight about riding atvs and the shawnee..disabled people can ride with a permit.also you better show me a badge if you ever try to stop me on a trail for your enforcement ..i don't like wannabe cops or tree huggers..you sound like you got a little of both in you.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 12-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

kingdiamond, now I'm worried if we decide to make the trip down next summer we might get arrested, what do you think? So how do you like the new eiger?

Old 12-15-2005, 11:02 PM
Trailblazer

farmking,, i wouldn't worry about that.their are many trails that are nowhere near government land.i have lived in pope county close to 40 years.i know just about all the good places to ride. i also know where to stay away from..all i'm gonna say is if your worried about getting a ticket,you should probably stay at the house... p.s. i've never ever been approached or hassled by any police or gov. types around these parts.the area i lve in is pro- atv..it's the tree-hugger types who don't even go into the forest who are trying to ruin things for everybody. jeeez.. this pisses me off!!

Quick Reply: should i get 2wd foreman or 2wd rancher?