Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Aftermarket Tires & Wheels for RUBICON

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2000, 06:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased a new Rubicon about four weeks ago and love it. I have owned a ATV for 12 or 13 years and have always enjoyed them. During this time I've always owned a Suzuki (three of them) until now. The last one being a 500 Quad Runner with 27" Vampires with a Lift Kit. I never rode the Quad Runner with stock tires or without the Lift Kit so I don't know how it would have rode or handled stock, but all three Suzukies rode about the same.
One thing I do miss is the ground clearance and I did like the looks and the traction with the Vampires, but it had a rough ride and handling.
Before I bought my Rubicon a friend of mine bought one and asked me if I wanted ride it. I rode it on some trails around his house for about an hour and decided it was time to sell the Quad Runner. The ride, handleing and stability were great, as much differance as daylight and dark between the two machines.
I've been thinking about buying a set of BlackWaters XT tires with ITP Aluminum wheels for the Rubicon but I'm afraid I'll mess it up and loose the ride, handling and stability that I've got stock. If anyone has tried this combination or any other combination of tires and wheels on a Rubicon let me know what you think about them.

Old 11-20-2000, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, im glad you like your new Honda Rubicon. Now about those XT tires, I wouldn't recomend them becuase ive heard that they are no good in mud, but if you trail ride they are probably a good set of tires.
Well I hope you have as much fun on your Rubicon as I do with mine.
Catch ya Later

Old 11-20-2000, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

Ratherbwheelin....I have the exact setup you are talking about on my rubicon....I'm equally happy with my rubicon...These tires will not effect your power, handling, or ride badly at all...These are, in mine and many other's opinions, the best all around atv tire out there...i have never gotten a flat with them, they take me on trails smoothly, mud decently, snow decently, wear nicely, and do everything else just fine...I HIGHLY RECCOMEND this setup....about the mud issue, no these arn't the best mud tires, but for all around they are excellent..if you have any other questions just mail me