Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

300ex

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-1999, 06:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I resently got a 300ex and i have allways had fourwheelers but the sportiest thing I have ever had is a Trail Blazer ,mostly i have had 4x4 but i got tired of that so i did alot of searching and alot of studying ad i finally found the perfect 97' 300ex, the second day i had it i took it to the track man was i impressed we went through the 8 mile rough muddy cross contry track and it do awsome the perfect handling,then we made it to the motocross track, I was rideing with a bansee and I was smoking it then i took a few laps with the banshee and i perfered the 300EX probibly just because i havent ridden the banshee very much but there was very little diffrence we raced secerall times and i beat him and he beat me it dependeded on who got the holeshot we were doing huge doubles and table tops and in a few days we came back we we did a really really big table to where u had to get up alot of speed and i hit it and cleared it easily and landed on the sloop smooth then my freind on the banshee hit it in fifth gear and over shot it and he bodomed his shocks and i am not sure if the gas blew out or what but one of his shock got stuck up with just the spring holding it down it is in the shop at the moment and i did every jump this thing did i was very impressed and what a great wheelie machine i would like to hear from any other 300ex owners out there or any one that has any comments on them or the 250x please post it in the forumI resently got a 300ex and i have allways had fourwheelers but the sportiest thing I have ever had is a Trail Blazer ,mostly i have had 4x4 but i got tired of that so i did alot of searching and alot of studying ad i finally found the perfect 97' 300ex, the second day i had it i took it to the track man was i impressed we went through the 8 mile rough muddy cross contry track and it do awsome the perfect handling,then we made it to the motocross track, I was rideing with a bansee and I was smoking it then i took a few laps with the banshee and i perfered the 300EX probibly just because i havent ridden the banshee very much but there was very little diffrence we raced secerall times and i beat him and he beat me it dependeded on who got the holeshot we were doing huge doubles and table tops and in a few days we came back we we did a really really big table to where u had to get up alot of speed and i hit it and cleared it easily and landed on the sloop smooth then my freind on the banshee hit it in fifth gear and over shot it and he bodomed his shocks and i am not sure if the gas blew out or what but one of his shock got stuck up with just the spring holding it down it is in the shop at the moment and i did every jump this thing did i was very impressed and what a great wheelie machine i would like to hear from any other 300ex owners out there or any one that has any comments on them or the 250x please post it in the forum

Old 08-04-1999, 01:00 PM
Trailblazer

The 300EX is a very agile machine. Where I ride it seems to "dance" around the boulders, tight quarters, and still jam on the trail. By adding +1" wheels up front and rear the 300EX stability increased tremendously (not to mention the ITP Holeshot XCs). Since this increased the sensitivity of the jolts and bumps that I felt through the bars the next item to get was a Denton 7 way adjustable steering damper. It did help tame that situation. Once again, the handling, good power (great with mods), lightweight, reliability, ease of use along with that "always finding myself using" reverse makes the 300EX a righteous ride.

Old 08-04-1999, 02:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is a great handling machine. Try a FMF Megamax II pipe or Powercore IV if sound isn't an issue. They will boost low end torque quite a bit. Get a K&N too.

Cason Simmons

Old 08-04-1999, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

A 300EX beating a Banshee?

Either the Banshee is sick and is in need of a rebuild, or the rider is terrible.

Or, you are a fantastic rider.

I am not one to stomp on a parade, and I am not partial to Banshees, however, I have a respect for their speed.

I ride with 2 Banshees, 2 250R's, 2 300Ex's and I ride a 400 EX.

All of the riders have 1000's of hours on ATV's and one was a decent dirt bike racer.

We ride in the woods, so the 250R's tend to be up in front with the Banshees right behind. I am the guy with the new machine that doesn't need to get it wrapped around a tree so I usually ride in the middle.

I can't say that the 300EX's lead for any majority of time.

If you are beating a Banshee on your 300 EX, keep on doin' it. A better machine does not always make a winner of the rider.

RM

------------------

Old 04-25-2004, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 300ex

rennym,Do you have any problems riding your 400 in the woods....i mean does reverse ever come into play and u not have it? and do u wish u had sumthing smaller w/ reverse? I am looking to buy a 400 or 300 and just tryin to get some people's opinions..