Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Cheapest Places to Buy From?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2000, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello. I am planning on buying front shocks, extended a-arms, and possibly an axle in the very near future. I was wondering which would be the ]cheapest place to buy the following products:

[OL][*] Lonestar axle[*] Burgard a-arms[*] Works Triple Rate fronts w/res.
[/OL]

Thanks a lot.

Old 11-26-2000, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

When I bought my Denton arms, fastline frt and rear brakelines, TCS front shocks, frt. shockwears, Durablue eliminator, Lonestar bearing carrier, anti fade locknut, and anti vibe steering stem, and Denton stabilizer. I called Denton racing and simply asked them that since I was going to place a large order could I get a better deal. I got my TCS frt shocks for $650 which from what I understand is pretty cheap. They also saved me alot of money on the smaller items taking $10 off of several items and giving me the shockwears.

I know you want to go with Burgard arms and I am not sure Denton Racing carries them, but you should try to get somebody to deal with you since you are going to be spending some serious money. I am a pretty sure he can get you a good deal on works shocks. He offered me some for pretty cheap, but I cant remember how much.

Adam Smith

99 400EX

Old 11-26-2000, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

Well, the reason I ask is because of a deal that K&K ATV has. They have 3 racing specials.

1) Lonestar axle, Burgard a-arms, Works Triple Rate fronts w/ res: $1339.97

2) (same deal as 1, but with TCS ZPS fronts): $1599.97

3) Lonestar axle, Lonestar a-arms, TCS ZPS fronts: $1799.97

I thought, if I don't get the axle now, I would look for the cheapest places to buy the a-arms and shocks.

Old 11-27-2000, 07:13 AM
Pro Rider

What is this, Home Shopping Network?

lowestprice.com?

Shatner's "gig?"

If you've gotta pinch pennies for these high-ticket discretionary hop-up items, I'd wonder, like with the guy who asked how much a yacht or its upkeep cost, whether you can afford 'em.

Why not find a reasonable market price from a reputable vendor and just buy the goodies you want? You're not a charity case, right?

Diogenes

Old 11-27-2000, 12:14 PM
Range Rover

I think that it is normal for people to want the best price on things that they buy. Why would you buy here when you can get it there for a far better price. My money doesn't grow on trees, I want the best deal. I know customer service comes into play sometimes, that would sometimes make it well worth the extra buck. So, the way that I see it, asking people with experience is the best way to form an opinion on the true "best deal".
Exer

Old 11-27-2000, 04:38 PM
Range Rover

GoodWill?

Old 11-27-2000, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks to you who actually attempted to help me out. I didn't care much for the sneering insults I recieved (if that's what they were). I just wanted to know if there were places out there where I could acquire these items for a cheaper price than what K&K offered them for.

My money certainly doesn't grow on trees. I am a teenager who doesn't have a steady job, and works hard for his money. I'm trying to set up my quad for MX by myself, and since I'm not "rolling in dough", I need to make an attempt to locate the most inexpensive place that sells these items.

Old 11-27-2000, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

I personally thought it was an interesting question or I would not have responded to it. Why, should you just accept a price without questioning it. Just curious, but have you ever seen aftermarket a-arms when they charge $600 for them somebody is making a killing. It is our civic duty to keep these people honest. If you just want to pay top dollar for them without questioning it dont take it out on those of us who have enough sense to question there ways and bargain with them to get a little better deal. By asking I got to save money that I can use on other items for my personal life and my quad(essentially the same things!). SO if you dont like saving money just buy from whoever.

Adam Smith

99 400EX

Old 11-27-2000, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

I wasn't planning on buying my a-arms from some jack-leg off of the street. I was going to buy them from reputable companies such as Nacs, Denton, etc. Some place that might have a better price that K&K. I am just trying to find a better deal if there is one out there. Please help if you can.

I want the best deal I can get on a good set of a-arms. They do not necessary for them to be Burgard, but I need a strong set for a lower price. About $600 or lower. Could anyone give me a list and the prices? Also, how do they hold up? Please help.

P.S.-Sorry for being a smarta**.

Old 11-27-2000, 09:54 PM
Range Rover

For getting a good deal!! Don't go to Nac's, they're really expensive. Denton, a friend of my as done alot of business with them and he said they're pretty fair. He has also done alot with K&K too, and says the samething!! The only thing I would do is get a Dirtwheels mag and look who selling what and call them!! and try the best deal you can get.

Quick Reply: Cheapest Places to Buy From?