Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

How about Southern Honda?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 10:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How about Southern Honda?

I am considering a 4.5 hour drive from KY to Southern Honda in TN to purchase either a 06 Rancher or 06 Foreman. Any comments reference buying an ATV at that location that far from home?

Old 08-24-2006, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

I've heard nothing bad about Southern Honda. They are the real deal.

I think you ought to consider Ritchie Power Sports. They are in Athens, Tennessee, so they are a little closer for you. Generally Ritchie and Southern are within a few dollars of each other.

BTW - You may want to think about waiting until after the Honda dealer show (early Sept., I think) before you decide on the Rancher. Word is that the Rancher will receive a significant makeover.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:20 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: raceway
I am considering a 4.5 hour drive from KY to Southern Honda in TN to purchase either a 06 Rancher or 06 Foreman. Any comments reference buying an ATV at that location that far from home?
You really can't go wrong with Southern Honda. Call the toll free number, get a sales person, tell them what you want and when you'll be there. The price they quote on the phone is the price you pay. However, when you go to pick it up they will try to sell you everything under the sun. But the prices on the after market gear is not all that high, so you'll have to be the judge of that.

My '05 Foreman came from Southern Honda and so will my next atv.

Old 08-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

Bought my 06 Rincon and 05 Rancher AT there. No problems but they will push the warranty and tires and wheels.

Old 08-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: ForemanDan
Bought my 06 Rincon and 05 Rancher AT there. No problems but they will push the warranty and tires and wheels.

I got mine there, and got the warranty and wheels...still cheaper than a stock Rancher at my local dealer.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2006, 01:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

Southern Honda is a great company to purchase from.Like everyone said watch your bottomline they will easily ad 300-1100$ in warranties and add ons if you let them (like any dealer it's their jobs)What you have to be careful of
1-wait time first off,they sell so many bikes a day that you have to wait in line for the warehouse to assemble them if it isn't on the floor.In my case was a 5 hour wait,,I was 14th in line -lol

2-for service they have a great staff,but they are so busy there is usually a lenghty wait for service.

3-watch the sales people,they talk very fast and try to sell you hard on the warranties and acc. keep on eye on the bottom dollar.They are perfectly happy to sell you exactly what you want,but tell them every detail.

4-Size is a double edged sword,they have bottom dollar prices,and a huge warehouse,,,but they also have 50 other people waiting for a bike behind you so you aren't always the #1 priority like in smaller shops.

5-accessories are 10-15% off (normaly)when you buy your ride with a dealer,so in the long run closer to home could save you somecash.

All that being said,,they are a great dealership.Their downfalls are simply because they are so big and you can't fault them for that.Be sure that they are holding the quad you are looking at for you though,,trust me in the 5 hours it takes to make the drive they will sell it unless you instruct them otherwise.

Ask for Gary if he is available,I've dealt with him for years before Southern bought them and have been dealing with him eversense.He has the authority to rearrange prices and doesn't screw around,,,If you say you want it he'll make the price right.

PS.
so you know that I have some experience there we purchased
03 Honda Shadow (used)
01 CRF 450 (used)
05 Honda 250ex
05 Honda 300ex
03 KTM 525mx (beast) and great prices everytime.