Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

84 honda trx200

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 84 honda trx200

Hello I just bought my 1st ATV only problem is I know not muchh about it LOL Does anyone know where I could find a owners manual on a 1984 Honda trx200? Have questions like- There's a plug thingy by the left hand grip, what is it for? I've ridden motocycle so I'm not completely a off road newbie. Just had chance to get this for a steal. Got it running (hadn't run in over two years, you should have seen the slug in the gas tank) but not sure of little things like how many gears it actually has LOL ( You would think old owner whould know this, but nope! Got told 3.....or maybe 4?) If anyone could give me some insight I would be very greatful.

Thanx

Old 08-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Range Rover
Default 84 honda trx200

I have the same quad, but have yet to get it running. The plug is a receptacle to run dc power. It's a 5 speed, auto clutch, shaft drive with reverse. Let me know if you have any other questions about it, I just tore the whole engine down and fixed a bad ring, still no go though!

Old 09-04-2006, 03:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 84 honda trx200

Hey Thread,
I too have a Honda TRX200 and I had problems with getting it to run due to the stator not producing the extra voltage it needed to burn the fuel at the proper rate. Until I can afford the stator which is an ungodly amount I shut the fuel off and let it run out of fuel after I get done riding it. It also doesn't want to idle do to the low voltage. It is a weird problem that I thought was a carb problem at first but I checked battery voltage and only came up with what the battery is suppose to be. As for your problem I would like to help in any way I can. I have a past with automobiles but the basic fundamentals are all the same besides a few minor differences. If you want to e-mail me at thepearsons9@aol.com maybe we can figure your problem out. Have you checked spark and fuel delivery? Did you set the valve lash according to specifications? Let me know what you have tried and we can go from there. There is nothing worse than having a piece of machinery down and not knowing what is wrong with it. Yours truly, Rob