Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

07 Rincon test ride......Not a great first impression

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Rincon test ride......Not a great first impression

am not putting the 800 down at all, but if you take away that big engine, then its just another quad.
The Rincon suspension is a work of art, the transmission is a one of a kind and could only be improved by adding another gear, the fit and finish is awesome, and the steering................>>>>>>&g t;>>

Low gear
Adjustable shocks
Solid EBS
Better IRS
I can't tell a difference in steering
Anti theft key system
Better brakes

I think these are features that are quite different then just another quad. The 4WD system is simply better, just look at the BRP video comparison, IRS as well. I'm not thrashing the Rincon but it's not CLOSE to the Outlander not even by a mile. I only got the Rincon as a backup quad cause a lady friend likes to ride, it's a very simple quad to operate and hopefully trouble free.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BRP video? Its made by BRP to try and sell quads. Polaris make video's also and we don't even need to get into them. So you got a Rincon for a lady friend to ride? Because its easy? That tells me its doing what it should. You get to ride it and not wrestle it.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

BRP video? Its made by BRP to try and sell quads. >>>>

The results clearly speak for themselves, have you seen it?

Again, you can't SERIOUSLY tell me these things are not important:

Low gear
EBS
Inline disc braking
Snorkle under the handlebars, not the seat.
Visco Loc, simply works better man.
Adjustable shocks.
Have you compared the IRS systems of the two?

I can romp through whoops on the Outlander without bottoming out once, I simply can't do this on the Rincon.

One access trail we take often is two+ miles up, its not going up thats so much the challenge, it's going down. After taking this a few times in the Rincon then the last few times on the Outlander I was quite mistaken how important engine braking is. I would NOT allow my lady friend to take this trail on the Rincon period, no way on Gods green earth.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

Better IRS? Better brakes?
What makes your IRS better than any other manufacturers? Different -yes, better-no.
Show me how your squeaky discs (at least our friends is) is better than my nice quiet solid discs.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

Pick up a copy of the new Dirt Wheels magazine. They have a Polaris DVD included that has the same tests that BRP did and it shows Polaris as the clear winner in every category, including braking, IRS, whoops, rocks, etc...and we all know that they are full of crap.
The results do not speak the truth.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

Better IRS? Better brakes?
What makes your IRS better than any other manufacturers? Different -yes, better-no.
Show me how your squeaky discs (at least our friends is) is better than my nice quiet solid discs.
>>>>>>>>

The rotation of the tires on the TTI suspension is strictly vertical, the tires have no butterfly motion, this keeps the tire more inline with the trail and keeps the quad more stable when turning.

The inline brakes are better for a number of reasons. Less sprung weight at the wheels, they are easier to access and they grab like nothing I've ever ridden. The squeekiness is only when they get wet and goes away quickly.

EBS is no joke, the Rincon has none, I used to think it was no big deal till I rode the same trails on my Outlander.

The Visco loc simply works better, it grabs quicker and you hardly even know its kicking in.

I can powerslide around corners on the Outlander I can't with the Rincon FWIW.

Compare the the airbox location and design.

The engines aren't even comparable.

Now tell me how the Rincon is a BETTER machine? Come on man, you can't really expect me to buy this? I've now owned two Outlanders and have logged a year on a Rincon, there is no comparison whatsoever. Both my uncle and best friend have ridden with me, I split the day with my uncle as he was trying to decide which he wanted to buy, my buddy doesn't care much for utility quads. After riding on both my uncle and best friend both told me hands down the Outlander was a better ride, my uncle is going to buy one and my buddy is seriously considering one for his wife. I told my uncle to come with me and ride both before he made up his mind.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

I have compared the IRS's. Whats so great about the Bomb's? The Rincon uses a arms front and rear, and the Bomb has cheap struts on the front. The ride isn't any better, my Rincon has and does go anywhere the Bomb goes. On long steep hills engine braking is nice. But my brakes work great. I can steer just fine by putting it in 4 wheeldrive and only using the rear brakes. After the hill engine braking is annoying. Anytime you lift off the gas you get pushed forward. I think the Rincon is a better handling quad. I have been on a motocross track with a Bomb and we were flying, we were both still together at the end. He would really pull me on the straight but guess what I would more than make up ground in the jumps and turns. If we switched quads I can't hardly keep up with him. So that tells me it is easier to ride and will go anywhere the Bomb can. And at the end of the day I'll be alot less tired than you.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Pick up a copy of the new Dirt Wheels magazine. They have a Polaris DVD included that has the same tests that BRP did and it shows Polaris as the clear winner in every category, including braking, IRS, whoops, rocks, etc...and we all know that they are full of crap.
The results do not speak the truth.
>>>>>>>>>

The BRP video was independently authenticated by a third party, they also didn't necessarily come out on top in every single category but just compare the drag races, 4WD and IRS comparisons....

Old 09-30-2006, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

You can't power slide a Rincon? I don't think mine is any different than any other Rincon, but I can hang the back out all day. Thats whats so nice about it.
And yes I do think the Rincon is a better machine in ride, handling, quality and looks.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

Look, I am not gonna convince you, and you are not about to convince me that yours is better than mine. I just hope your BRP will hold up as well as my first Honda, and my 2 current ones. Time will tell.

There is a reason that this is the Honda forum. There are also forums for every other manufacturer here. Everyone knows what they like and they go to that forum to discuss it. We are all welcome here, but I dont go to other forums to try to push the one I like.

Quick Reply: 07 Rincon test ride......Not a great first impression