Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

aftermarket muffler for 2002 rubicon

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006 | 05:13 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default aftermarket muffler for 2002 rubicon

I am haveing trouble deciding which aftermarket muffler to get for my 02 rubicon. I do all of my riding on my farm so noise level is not a problem because im a good distance away from my neighbors. I do alot of mud riding so I need some good low end power, but I also do alot of trail riding and road riding so it will need to give me good mid range and top end power to. I also plan on adding a moose power kit and a outlaw super duty clutch kit when I get the muffler. I have looked at HMF, FMF, pro circuit, and super trapp but I am new to this kinda stuff, so I really dont know which one to get, so any help and suggestions are appreciated!!

Old 10-14-2006 | 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

The HMF is very loud but gives the biggest power gains. What is a Moose power kit? Just buy a K&N or Uni Filter and get the jets you need from Honda. Don' t use a jet kit.
Check with HondaForeman.com

Old 10-15-2006 | 03:01 AM
|
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: ForemanDan
The HMF is very loud but gives the biggest power gains. What is a Moose power kit? Just buy a K&N or Uni Filter and get the jets you need from Honda. Don' t use a jet kit.
Check with HondaForeman.com
Which HMF muffler is the best? I have seen the sport series slip on, the eco series slip on, the utility series slip on, and the penland series all for the rubicon. The moose power kit in the dennis kirk catalog is a moose jet kit, K&N filtercharger air filter, outerwears water repellant prefilter, and a K&N service kit. It is listed for $158.95 in the dennis kirk catalog

Old 10-16-2006 | 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

The HMF utility series is the one most use. They are loud and make alot of power. You will feel the difference. As far as this Moose kit. Me personally would buy the K/N with the outer wears around $50 a cleaning kit $10 and buy my jets at Honda or jetsrus.com for around $16 and save myself alot of money. The factory Keihin jets will work much better. You only need a pilot and a main jet. Then find a small washer and shim your needle. Also if you haven't done this. Remove the top of your carb and cut about 10-11 coils off the spring. This will really improve throttle response. This can be done without adding anything else and will really get your quad moving quicker.