Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

300EX.....doesn't get any respect.........

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 08:51 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 300EX.....doesn't get any respect.........

Worlds best very tight trail quad! Glad to see that it lives on...........

Seems like this fine little machine never gets any attention. Part of it is that it is sandwiched in the lineup between the inexpensive and easy to ride 250EX, and the bigger, more powerful 400EX.

When it wasn't initially announced as an 07 model, I thought it would be dropped from the lineup (and maybe reborn with a CRF250 engine). But, it now lives on with new plastic and a much needed redesign of the reverse mechanism.

I bought the kids a new 250EX this year, but if I had known, I would have held out for a new 07 300EX!

Old 11-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've said for years now on these forums that the 300ex is one of the best quads of all times, especially if you are just wanting to have fun and don't need a really fast machine to compensate for your lack of fortitude.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

For one, 300ex's can be beat and beat and beat, and still not need a lick if maintnance. Two, in tight woods they can run with anything else. Three, they are well balanced machines so throwing them around is not a problem. And four, you can pick them up cheap these days.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have always thought of it more as a womens quad.

Great quality and dependability.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Originally posted by: budmantom
And here is an example of "making up for lack of fortitude" I was talking about. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] lol

Old 11-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Gotta agree with you there, Recon and Motox. I recently bought a 300ex after riding a Honda 250sx three wheeler for the past 21 years (bought new when I was 16). It's light enough that I can throw the rear end around and easily maneuver in tight spots. It has good power and acceleration, and the suspension is fine for those of us who do not regularly get more than a few feet off the ground. In all, it's a great bike for pleasure riding. I ride with two guys on a 450 Wolverine and a 750 Brute Force, and this bike does awesome compared to them on the trails.

If you ride in the wide open, desert, or dunes, and you have a bunch of buddies on 400cc or better bikes that you need to keep up with, more power may be what you need. But for the woods and trails down in Louisiana, this bike suits me just fine. We rarely get above about 30 mph. I've only run the bike with the stock tires so far, but I have a set of 20" klaws that are going on before the next ride. With the stock sprockets, that should just about set the gear ratio right for the trails.

Recon, thanks for all the previous posts about oil! I'm going to start this bike off with Maxima and see if I can go another 20 years on it.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: motox26
And here is an example of "making up for lack of fortitude" I was talking about. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] lol

This is comming from somebody that has a "MySpace" account and the Village People on the 1st page???

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2006, 09:17 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

This is comming from somebody that has a "MySpace" account and the Village People on the 1st page???

And I need myspace to find members for the village people band I'm puttin together.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

ddomma, wow that is a long time one you 3-wheeler, you don't here that much.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] And congrats on your 300ex, and I'm sure that will last you 16 years as well.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 11-07-2006, 10:34 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: motox26

LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Well thanx for jumping in RC.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2006, 11:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

The 300ex is one of if not the most dependable quad out there. It has decent power plenty of mods available and will last for years and years. I have seen many of these quads beat and abused and they keep on going. If you take care of one it will last 15 years easy. There was a time and not many years ago when all we had was a choice between a 300ex or a banshee for sport riding. The 300ex is a warmed over 250x which was also a proven quad. Now that we thankfully have many bigger and faster models to choose from it has certainly been surpasses as a sport quad. But as far as an all around, go out and have fun trail bike. The 300ex is the best in it's class.