Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Engine Oil, Please?

Dont hate Amsoil because you cant afford it

Old 01-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have always avoided Amsoil based on their bizare marketing practices, and all the BS that they have spread all over the internet. If you insist on running a PAO, Mobil 1 MX4T has the same chemistry.......but both of these are inferior to the Ester Synthetics anyway........

Old 01-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider

Yep you must be right I cann't aford to buy amsoil, I work at a multi line dealer. I have 2 fourwheelers of my own. They both get just what the service manual says.

I work on them all year, and see what happens to the motors when people deside that they know more than what the facotry TESTED!

Old 01-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cluby
Yep you must be right I cann't aford to buy amsoil, I work at a multi line dealer. I have 2 fourwheelers of my own. They both get just what the service manual says.

I work on them all year, and see what happens to the motors when people deside that they know more than what the facotry TESTED!
I suppose your quads are all stock cause you like factory tested so much;

Old 01-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

There isnt much you can say to change what i tell people, and what experience ive had with amsoil. A 14yr old quad with a clean motor is enough proof for me. In my opinion, Amsoil is the best. In your opinion, its not. Oh well. Your actually the first ive heard of NOT liking Amsoil. But thats your choice. I firmly believe Amsoil outperforms other oils

Old 01-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: reconranger
Just wondering how many of you who live in the frozen north, change your oil to a lighter weight for winter????.........
We ride a bit here in the winter in Utah. I run 10w40 all year. I do let out ATV warm up longer in the winter and the cooling fan still comes on during the winter months so I feel 10w40 works fine.

If I was a lot further north like Canada maybe things would be different.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

Since I ride like 5 miles in the winter months, it really doesn't matter much............but I have only run yamaha brand oil in mine so far. I do have moblie 1 synthetic on the shelf for the next oil change though..........I personally like the k&n filter cause they have check valves that do not let the oil drain back out and they have a nut thingy welded on the end for ease in changing. my 2 cents

Old 01-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

Nope both of my machines are modified, Honda rubicon, ported and polished head, pro curcit exhaust, twin air air filter, and a Web Cam. My 660 grizzly a 660 raptor hot cam, dual carbs, pro curcit exhaust.

Old 01-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

No offence cluby, but to me for Amsoil the proof is in the pudding. My Honda Accord has 130,000 on it and I change oil every 20,000 miles. I am never even a drop low. I too dislike Amsoil's marketing program, but it is good stuff in the end. I have saved more money by using a more expensive oil and changing it less often then I would have if I bought the Wal Mart stuff and changed every 3k. And everything I run it in runs like a champ. Even my gas mileage went up a full 2mpg.

You are really the first person I have met that had a bad experience with it too, could you tell me more about your situation? What kind of car was it, miles on the car, what exactly was wrong with it, etc.?

Thanks so much!

Old 01-10-2007, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

I used to work at Honda House as a tech there, motorcycles. I see that your from st cloud area, good to see some local people on here.

Now how many times have you hade your car in for service?

All the times I have seen Amsoil there has been complaints with the transmission not working right aka a Rincon. Another was a 450 foreman, cooling fan wouldn't come on, changed the oil to Honda and everything works.
Motor cycle sub transmission on yamaha 1700 royalstar, owner only used amsoil, it was taken apart for update and was full of crap inside.

Now back to your car, don't you think that it is a good idea to look under your hood every 3000 miles, or do you?
Any one that says that they never have any service work done are the ones that I find soo many things wrong and worn out.

I am just a firm believer that if the factory tested and put there name on it that there product will work for a long time.

I just don't understand why people don't like to do matiance, do I have things that I would rather do, ya sure but when you come in and the rod bearings are shot, and bunch of other things. That's when I say so what was soo good about that oil?

Quick Reply: Which Engine Oil, Please?